Today, the long awaited Sinjar remake of the classic map is released. Get your smoke grenades ready to storm that ridgeline! We also have a brand new Security team weapon: the M14 EBR.
We have also opened up full Workshop integration to support custom weapon skins, maps, audio packs, and game theaters. This will greatly enhance the community's ability to create a tailor made experience.
“Since Insurgency was originally a mod itself, allowing the community to create custom content for the game is synonymous with our team’s culture. We are excited to see what our community is able to create, and to be able to utilize such a powerful tool as Workshop to ensure that quality content will be easily recognized and accessed by players,” said Jeremy Blum, founder and game director at NWI.
Other changes include:
Full changelog here.[www.playinsurgency.com]
- Added end-game map vote so players get to pick which map will be next on the rotation.
- Players can now change bot difficulty in Cooperative through voting.
- Added hipfire sway along with more realistic free aim recoil handling.
- Removed C4, RPGs and AT4s from Ambush and Infiltrate.
- Infiltrate is now reinforcement based.
- AI can no longer see through bushes and other foliage
- Strike now has only 2 potential cache locations instead of 3.
- Servers are no longer restricted to a certain mapcycle in order to be joined via Matchmaking. Multiplayer modes have been moved to a single Matchmaking option.
- Added gameplay hints for taking enemy intel, protecting your team’s VIP and blowing up caches.
- Reduced AI quantity in Cooperative to improve client and server performance.