We are releasing a hot fix today to deal with some unexpected issues that came up with the last update. We have fixed a bunch of the more widespread issues with the patch, and are now focusing on resolving the issue some people are having with locking up in the main menu.
We wanted to get these changes out to you guys and let you know we are working on a fix for that too, and will release a hot fix for it as soon as it’s taken care of. If you are experiencing the issue, please help us debug it by posting additional information at this forum post
In this patch we have also addressed a lot of the feedback we have received with regards to the AI difficulty. We look forward to getting feedback on these changes from more people, and are confident that players will notice a significant improvement in how the AI behave. They still sometimes see through objects in the world, however that’s the next thing our team will spend some time focusing on fixing with the AI in the game. We are also working out a better system for how the AI handle RPGs and will bring them back accordingly.
User Experience Improvements
- Fixed common client crash relating to the firemode display.
- Fixed server-side crash relating to the map voting system.
- Fixed a server-side crash in stats system.
- Fixed crash when an explosive from a disconnected player would be part of a chain explosion.
- Fixed UI crash when the page up or down keys were pressed on some UI elements.
- Fixed crash relating to global ban system.
- Fixed crash relating to Steam tagging system after changing the level.
- Graphics options menu will now behave correctly after pressing “Back” without applying a change.
- Key bindings menu will now correctly apply changes when you exit the menu without pressing “Back” at the bottom of the bindings menu.
- The user is now presented with a message if they could not connect to a server due to version mismatch.
- Vote options for bot count in Checkpoint have been tweaked to allow for a higher number of bots (added an option for 20 bots per objective).
- Coop: Tweaks to bot vision, suppression and aiming.
- Coop: Improved collision meshes for the reeds and cannabis plants on Panj to prevent bots from spotting players through them.
- Hunt: Improved bot cache destruction response. Now they will come investigate from far away if they see the explosion.
- Checkpoint: Increased the number of bots by default.
- Exhausting grenades or RPGs will now adjust your weight correctly.
- Doubled the maximum number of ammo types for theater modders.