To celebrate the integration of mod support to Insurgency, http://gamebanana.com
are proud to partner with New World Interactive and Razer to bring you the Official Insurgency Mapping Contest.
Participants will have 8 weeks from June 25 through August 20, to create, test, and upload an original map for Insurgency to both GameBanana.com and the Steam Workshop.
GameBanana will select the top 10 maps submitted and send to New World Interactive (NWI) for final judging after the contest closes. NWI will also be publishing weekly tutorials about how to design and build a map for Insurgency, even creating a new map in parallel and sharing how it progresses, these will be available both on GameBanana and as Steam Guides.
Maps will be reviewed by the staff from both GameBanana.com and each map will be scored on the following categories, and given a total score out of 100.
- Gameplay (50 marks)
- Visuals (20 marks)
- Performance / Optimisation (10 marks)
- Originality (20 marks)
(All prizes are subject to participant eligibility. No cash value. The contest Organisers and Sponsors reserve the right to change or remove the prize structure at any point with or without reason.
- 1st place: $1,000 Cash, (1x) Razer 14” Blade Gaming Laptop, (1x) Razer DeathStalker Keyboard, (1x) Razer Kraken Pro Headset, (1x) Razer Death Adder Mouse, and the distinction of having their map become an official part of Insurgency.
- 2nd place: $800 Cash, (1x) Razer DeathStalker Keyboard, (1x) Razer Kraken Pro Headset, (1x) Razer Death Adder Mouse, plus the map may be included in the game.
- 3rd place: $200 Cash, (1x) Razer DeathStalker Keyboard, (1x) Razer Kraken Pro Headset, (1x) Razer Death Adder Mouse.
- 4th place: $100 Cash Prize, (1x) Razer DeathStalker Keyboard, (1x) Razer Kraken Pro Headset, (1x) Razer Death Adder Mouse.
copies of the map are required for this contest, and must be uploaded on or before the deadline. The primary version (used for judging) must be submitted to GameBanana.com and placed in the “Insurgency-> Mapping Contest 2014” category.
The second version must be uploaded to the Insurgency Steam Workshop
No changes to the downloadable file can be made during the judging phase, so please remember to ensure that all relevent materials and custom content are included.
Terms & Conditions / Rules:
Full details can be found on the Rules Page[gamebanana.com]
, or downloaded as a PDF here[files.gamebanana.com]