We’re releasing a hotfix today with a few fixes and optimizations. We have resolved multiple issues with the new font system including a problem with memory allocation which may have had a performance impact on users with less system memory. You can see the full changelist below.
We also want to let you all know that we are aware of the crashes certain people are having. These are engine level crashes, making them particularly difficult to debug, however we are actively trying to isolate the cause. We believe it is system specs and/or video settings related; something the version of Source Engine we use doesn’t like. It could be new video drivers or an engine-deep issue that we would need to troubleshoot with Valve.
With your help, we should be able to narrow down the cause of these isolated crashes and discover a solution. If you are experiencing crashes and would like to help us, please provide us with some information here
. In particular we want to know your system specs, anti-virus software, frequency of crashing, and your advanced video settings configuration. If you wouldn’t mind uploading a crash dump for us too, that would be great.
Another issue some people are experiencing is a “Client Timed Out” message. This is not an issue with the game, but rather an issue with Steam. If you search for this error on Google you will discover many similar complaints for other Source games as well as potential solutions.
We are a small team working hard to create new content and keep improving Insurgency. For those of you who have been experiencing issues, we thank you for your patience and support.
- Fixed various characters (including CJK characters) not being rendered correctly.
- Fixed regression causing 100-200MB of extra memory being used at start-up.
- Bot response audio converted from WAV to OGG to reduce filesize and improve streaming.
- Set default Paged Pool Memory Available setting (in Advanced Video settings) to Medium.
- Buhriz: Fixed SEC able to blow up final cache by firing AT-4’s through the window.
- Market: Fixed players able to hide inside the minivans and use it as a firing position.
- Market: Fixed several small issues throughout the map.
- Panj: Potential fix for grenades not exploding at D Push.
Just a note regarding Workshop: Any mods changing voice responses, radial or bot vocalizations will need to be converted to ogg vorbis with the following settings: Mode: VBR, Quality: 1.00, Sample Rate: 44,100Hz, Channels: Mono for best compatibility.