We have an extensive balance update as well as a new character class update scheduled today.
July 10 03:00 PST – July 10 04:30 PST
Please refer to below patch notes for details of the update.
- Rose, the Rocket Trooper joins the battlefield.
Rose is an extraordinary teenager from Iron Legion who likes rocket, explosion, and teddy bear. She uses rocket launcher from distance and shotgun in close combat. She is a powerful ranged fighter but she may struggle in melee fights.
- Steam friend list is available in GunZ 2 now.
- Your Steam buddies will now appear on your friend list in game.
- You can easily invite your friends into your game now.
- Added Daily Mission feature
- You will be given 3 random missions every day.
- Complete each mission to get rewards.
- You can view your daily missions in Achievements menu.
- Fixed clan name bug which made it impossible to use the same clan name after deleting. The same clan name can be used 1 week after deleting the clan.
- EXP requirement for reaching level 20 has been reduced to half.
- 20% Discount Sale Event!
To celebrate introduction of Rose, we will continue the sale event until next weekend (July 20)
Balance Updates: Common changes
- Default armor set’s total AP value has been increased from 60 to 85.
- You can now use Aerial Dodge when struck by launch attack while you’re in mid-air.
- Changes on ZP acquisition:
- Amount of ZP gained from incoming damage is now based on any damage type whereas you only gained ZP from damage on HP previously.
(ZP gain from damage on HP -> ZP gain from any damage taken)
- Amount of ZP you get from successful critical hit has been reduced by half.
- Amount of ZP you get from consecutive kills has been reduced.
- Amount of ZP you get from multi-kill has been reduced.
- You now get ZP from at last strike of your combo attack whereas you previously gained ZP every 5th successful hit. (regardless of melee or ranged combo)
(ZP gain from every 5th hit -> ZP gain from last hit of a combo attack)
- You no longer gain ZP from launch attack.
- You now gain ZP when assisting a kill. ZP amount from kill assist is half of ZP gain from a Kill.
- Character motion length of damage from grenade launcher has been reduced by half. You now can quickly get back to the battle after being hit by grenade explosion.
Balance Updates: Class specific changes
- Duration of invincibility after casting Cyclone kick reduced from 0.5 to 0.2 seconds.
- Bonus damage ratio of regular melee combo has been slightly reduced.
- Bonus damage ratio of launch attack combo (MLB>MLB>MLB>MRB) has been slightly increased.
- Last attack of Rena’s regular combo now penetrates all type of defense including shield.
- Critical chance bonus of Honed Razor has been increased from 10% to 20%.
- Bonus damage ratio of melee attack and combo attack has been slightly increased.
- Bonus damage ratio of launch attack has been reduced from 1.5 to 1.0.
- Cooldown time of Shadow Decoy has been decreased from 6.5 to 5.5 seconds.
- Shadow Rush now has 1 second super armor effect when casted.
- Aim rate bonus of right clicking when dual pistol is equipped has been increased from 30% to 40% but it does not zoom in any more.
- Enemy detection duration of Intuition has been increased by 1 second.
- Max now puts his weapons on his back when wall-running.
- Max runs faster when wall-running with flame-thrower or minigun. However, he falls from the wall if he attacks with them.
- Enemies hit by dash-jump attack now bounces off the ground instead of being knocked down on the ground.
- Increased level of super armor when firing minigun from 1 to 2. Sniper rifle or grenade launcher does not stop him from firing minigun any more.
- Duration of Shield Rush’s super armor status has been increased from 0.5 to 1.0 second.
- Enemies grabbed by Wayne’s whip then attacked by jump grab or Black now takes appropriate damage motion
- Aiming radius of One Shot One Kill skill has been increased. Total length of aiming is also reduced from 2 to 1.5 seconds.
- Black Snake now has super armor effect for 1 second.
- Revolver’s effective range of damage has been increased.
- Overall Damage per Second of lever action rifle has been increased but reload time has been slightly increased.
- Effective range of damage of all lever action rifle except for Defender 808 series has been reduced.
- Ammo clip size of Rapid Shooter series has been reduced from 6 to 5.
- Rapid Shooter series’ aiming rate now decreased when shooting continuously.
The game servers will be closed during the maintenance.
We’re sorry about the down-time and will do our best to reopen the game servers as soon as possible.
- GunZ Team