— Dev Hour takes place everyday this week at 1pm US eastern time.
— We’ll be in game a lot this week, culminating in a marathon stream on Destructoid’s Friday Night Fights (Friday 7pm US eastern). Other stream hours are: 4:30-5pm US eastern M, W, F. 6:30pm US eastern Tu, Th. And Dev Fireside is at the same time this week (Friday 3pm US eastern)
- Exclusive anniversary hats are now available for a limited time. If you login from now til 11/5, you can unlock the hats for free!
- Hat dyes – You can now use the same dyes you have to dye your hats as well. From the same menu that you were using to dye your costumes, you will now see an extra selection to dye your hats.
- Text display and voices for key command system
– Voice commands! Featuring the voice acting of Forrest Tollen, and Jacob Burgess, and Elspeth Eastman. 4 character voices (2 male 2 female) now available when you issue commands with the V key and the command tree in match.
- Hat dye. You can now dye your hats along with your costumes using the same dyes.
- Latency indication in match list as well as match creation. You can now see what your ping time is to each of the server regions, so you can join or create the matches that give you the smoothest experience.
- Expanded tutorials to cover skills, weapons vs components, mini-map, tab, scope, and types of repairs. Note: Gunner advanced tutorial needed more bug testing, so will be hotfixed in shortly.
- Voice chat volume priority: Captain > Party > Crew.
- New muzzle flash effects for each special ammo type
- Confirmation prompt when changing player name
- Clan tag clarity: Added a clan tag change button in addition to character name change in Social page.
- Shots from raycast weapons (Gatling and carronades) are no longer instantaneous (among other things, ensures Gatling effects timing lines up accurately with simulation and makes leading more intuitive.)
- New compass UI, generally clearer plus:
– Shows control points labeled with letter and activity status
– Ship icons are team-colored and change to indicated spotted or prioritized enemies
– Indicates when spotted enemies are behind you
- Updated fire stack HUD, new icon when components takes more than 8 fire charges
- Timer for AFK rejoin – plugging AFK rejoin exploit
- AI now remains active until player finishes connecting or reconnecting mid-match
- In-match, ESC to clear typed chat / signal input rather than bring up menu
- In pre-game match lobby, ESC exits public profile / achievement checklist.
- Ability for GMs & Mods to close and rename matches to better enable us to troubleshoot in game as well as respond to your reports and concerns raised about match naming.
- More character locomotion animations
- Bounty indication colors in bounty board (black: claimed) and scoreboards (red class icon: bounty)