Today we'll be rolling out beta version 0.17, the last of the beta patches before launch! This is a big update that makes everything a whole bunch better, plus introduces a new ship and a new gun!
We're also doing a complete account reset today, so everyone will be required to re-register with the new system and start out fresh. This will be the only wipe, so all of your progress from today forward will be carried through to launch.
Also, we're hurtling fast toward our launch date! For all the beta players who do not have the full copy of the game, Saturday will be the LAST OFFICIAL DAY of free beta. If you choose to purchase the game after launch, you will be able to keep the account you register after today's patch with any stats progress you make after today.
We'll be going down for several hours today as we roll out this update. When we're back up, here's what you'll get:
- Beta user data (loadouts, progression, etc) has been cleared. Any progress from this point forward, however, will carry past release.
- The store has been temporarily disabled (over the weekend); it will return post-release accepting real money.
- Key binding resets, so if you have custom key bindings, please take the time to rebind them!
- Added email registration on first login; this will eventually tie your game account to your forum account, and generally makes it easier for us to communicate with users efficiently.
- Player state is now more accurately recorded in Friends list (players in pre-match will be shown as such, map names are better reported)
- Added third-person “vanity” camera mode, activated using the ‘P’ key by default
- Credits screen
- Invite friend
- A popup indicating you unlocked an achievement or leveled up
- New medium gun, Manticore Heavy Hwacha: like mecha anime and shooting a billion rockets? Well, now you have it! Big AoE, decent shatter damage to harass components.
- New ship, the Spire: Tall and hulking. Turns quickly but slow forward speed. 3 small guns, 1 medium gun spread through the many levels of the ship. Will require lots of teamwork to take advantage of its firepower.
- You can now adjust the field of view from the options screen. The default remains at 70 degrees, but now may be increased to 90 degrees (or ~128% of normal) in support of player accessibility.
- More Music!
- New Female Gunner Costume ‘Lost Soldier’ added to the store!
- Fixed a bug where portions of pilot skill effects (Moonshine etc) did not cancel properly when the skill was released.
- Fixed various server performance problems
- Significantly increased server capacity
- Various character animation fixes
- Various AI crew fixes
- Video option changes reset if not confirmed (prevents invalid or buggy configurations from becoming permanent)
- Fixed voice chat echo
- Fixed players not returning to Lobby after matches sometimes
- Harpoon ropes draw to the correct hit location on the target ship
- UI improvements for engineering buffing system
- All the guns have been renamed, with a “nickname” as well as weapon weight and type. Important to note: the old Missile Sling is now a Rocket Launcher, and the old Rocket Launcher is now a Rocket Carousel. “Small” and “Medium” designations are now “Light” and “Heavy.”
- Slight tweaks to Mortar, Light (old Portable) Flak, and Rocket Carousel (old Rocket Launcher) in terms of recoil
- Fire Tarp is now the Extinguisher (Extinguisher will put out fires in one shot and apply a cooldown), old Extinguisher is now Chemical Spray (extinguish power of 3, applies a resistance to catching fire until destroyed)
- Heatsink debuffed ever so slightly
- Small boost to Field Gun (old Howitzer) piercing damage