Patch today! We'll be down for a couple of hours while we perform the update to make extra sure that everything goes smoothly -- specifically, we have to do some special handling of player data to make sure all your stats and preferences come over. Sorry for the downtime, but we'll be back soon!
So without further ado, here are the release notes for v. 0.16!
- Gunner skills have all been changed to special ammunition that affects a whole clip at a time, and are switched by reloading the gun (please note that icons for some skills have not been updated and some skills have been removed).
- Test achievements are in! Each role has 6 categories of mission chains that contain an array of achievements. To view them, click on “Stats” button at the top left in the lobby and choose the tabs. Please note that these are only temporary and will be reset with the next patch, but persistence is coming soon.
- Each player now has a rank and a title for each role, which is determined by the number of achievements finished for the role. Your current rank will appear at the top right of the screen, and you can see other player’s ranks in the player popup (try clicking on player’s name in chat or lobby)!
- Join on your friends from our in-game friends list! (We’re working on making this functionality easier and more visible, but it is in and functional!)
- Fixed a bug that could cause ship parts to disappear on respawn
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to be associated with the wrong ship
- Fixed several server memory leaks (will improve general stability and uptime)
- Fixed several client bugs related to general object destruction (which could cause unspecified weird behavior over time)
- You can now join a match as a spectator mid-match!
- Join-on-friend functionality was fixed, stemming from a bug that would prevent you from accepting invites or joining friends if you were in-game.
- Fixed forward and turn speeds on ship, projected values were incorrect so each ship has been tweaked by hand (UI display is still incorrect)
-- Turn Speed (lowest to highest): Galleon, Junker, Pyramidion, Goldfish, 'Tower' (not released yet), Squid
-- Forward Speed (lowest to highest): Junker, 'Tower', Galleon, Pyramidion, Goldfish, Squid
- Last Howitzer tweak decreased its effective against armor, which is one of its primary roles. Howitzer is effective against armor again.
- Missile Sling AoE burst made smaller requiring more accurate shots to disable components but has faster muzzle speed now.
- Fire Tarp cooldown brought back down to 6s