To all Sky Captains and Crew
The Guns’n Graves Update is now upon us! As typical of every update, there’s something for everyone. Our weapons lab and MKII program have kicked into high gear for PvE combat, and the results are 6 new weapons, one for each faction. While in the spirit of their predecessors, these new guns are at the same time vastly different. So, use them with reckless abandon! At the same time, we have a new PvP deathmatch map for your enjoyment as well. Check out below for all the latest in this update!
Alliance Mk II weapons: Each faction has been hard at work, putting time into their R&D departments to create new weapons of destruction. All six factions will receive a MK II version of their specialized weapon. There will be something familiar about them, but the way in which they are used and where will be different. Ranking up to faction level 12 will unlock these weapons. The MK II weapons have also been retroactively added to the Grandmaster achievements so for those of you who have unlocked them already, you should see new rewards waiting for you to be redeemed!
- Kalakuta Gas Mortar Mk II - New variations on the original Gas Mortar, the Mk II encompasses more shatter and piercing with rapid fire cloud bursts, superb for clearing the skies of enemy air patrols!
- Aten Lens Array Mk II - The power of a thousand suns concentrated in recalibrated lenses for maximum area of effect! With this alternative design you can spread the area of damage in exchange for less concentrated fire and when used at the right time will scorch a squadron of ships in no time!
- Immortal Gaze Heavy Accelerator Mk II - Crafty design and unearthed technologies can reward your gun mounts with devastating firepower. This heavy gun now boasts improved focus fire against components and rapid charge up times!
- Roaring Tiger Heavy Detonator Mk II - Another prized weapon of the skies, this Mk II weapon offers a buckshot spread of explosive ordnance that can quickly dispatch enemy vessels within reach! Remote detonation by gunners can also trigger calculated shots for maximum damage effect!
- Februus Weaponized Coil Mk II - Engineers with too much time on their hands have produced an even wilder design, by improving upon the original with piercing and shatter damage not to mention multiple component damage on individual ships. Chaotic and wild, perfect for an enterprising sky captain that’s crazy enough to use it.
- Seraph Tempest Missiles Mk II - This alternative design offers a single shot but guidance controlled rocket to its target. Since the engineers managed to condense more ordinance into each beautifully packaged rocket, expect more damage and greater clip sizes to help in aiding your vessel through these crowded skies!
- New PvP Map: Graveyard Rumble - Navigate wreckage at dusk as you vye for the upper hand in aerial combat! Inspired by the popular reception of the map in Skyball, Graveyard Rumble is our new 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 Deathmatch map!
- New Ammo Type: Extended Magazine - For those who just want to keep shooting into the sky. +45% clip size, -10% rate of fire, -15% damage. Brought to you by the Player Council.
- Changed Reward image for clarity
- Improved controller support
- The helm now supports fully continuous steering and altitude controls
- Sensitivity curves for aiming have been improved to allow more precision without sacrificing turn speed
- Improved novice loadouts for Skirmish ships. Brought to you by the Player Council.
- Fixed achievement "No Mercy 4" (killing supply ships in the Defense mission on Hard difficulty) not registering any supply ship kills.
- Fixed errors on boss beam weapon.
- World map: fixed province screen description text overflowing its boxed.
- World map: fixed province city icons being displaced to borders or in other provinces.
- World map: the province of Cathedral has a “standard” dot instead of the larger dot used for faction capitals.
- Added missing Shrike graphic in the "Evadne's Reports" book.
- Commendations notification once again appears during the end match sequence.
- Fixed Aten Laser [Mk. S] to Aten Lens Array [Mk. S].
- Added additional terrain to southeast corner of Voyager base to prevent bosses spawning in southeast from attacking the base when it spawns. Unfortunately, it’s harder to fly over that ridge as a result.
- Fixed clouds rendering differently when zoomed in (using spyglass etc).
- Fixed cargo barges sometimes spawning underground on Voyager's Cove.
- Fixed AI crew having trouble aiming Tempest missile launcher after a player has used it.
- Added blocking terrain in Voyagers to block boss from attacking too far.
- Added missing icons in rewards page.
- Lochnagar Shot: +200% base chance of catching on fire when shot at with fire chance dealing weapons (from none. This means a 10% chance will become 20%), deals 12 Fire damage to gun per shot (from none, not to be confused with its proportional damage per shot). Brought to you by the Player Council.
- Aten Lens Array [Mk. S]: Direct 1 Piercing dmg (from 0.8) and 5% fire chance (from 15%), 0.4 Fire dmg (from .8). Brought to you by the Player Council.
All Is Fair In Dust and Air Visual Novel:
Do you love the universe and want to experience more? Our friends at Broken Hammer Games have started an Indiegogo project for a visual novel based on the universe of Guns of Icarus. Follow the link below to support their project for a chance explore the world and its inhabitants!Click here to find out more!