Hello! Exciting news: Tim
has been solidly looking into the worrying issue of connections dropping in some instances. I got an email from him at about 4am a few days ago saying he was increasingly confident the problem wasn't our code, it was server side. A few emails with the Photon Server guys later, and we're confident it's fixed. Hopefully you now won't have an unusual level of fluffed connections, but if you have any problems, do let me know!
I've also been paying serious attention to all the feedback I've been getting, and have been tweaking the gameplay here and there to suit you guys better. Again, let me know what you think!
Make sure you're running the latest version or you might not be able to find other players- quitting out of Steam through the taskbar and restarting tends to do the job.
Here's a changelog, in case you love reading changelogs. I know some of you do:
Changelog for v1.4a
*Fixed a bug that could cause the game to end on one client, but not the other
*Fixed a bug that could cause matchmaking to fail when players change the region they are playing on
* Fixed some achievement vanishing from players accounts
* Increased chance of JETPACKS
* Increased camera zoom speed when you've got homers/ sniper/ big nuke
* Gibber bullets now have limited range
* Few tweaks to stop cubes tunnelling slightly into level geometry
* Tweaked damage dealt by Snipe-o-tron
* Removed Steam group channels, to hopefully focus players into a single server
* Added a chat system to the lobby.
* Added "idle mode" to the lobby menu, for quick and easy backgrounding of the game while you wait on challenges
* Added the ability to turn off shaders to improve performance on lower-end GFX cards