The next update for Garry's Mod is coming soon.
Currently, the update is planned for the 10th of October.
Pre-release Steam branch
Steam Beta branch for Garry's Mod has been updated and contains all the changes that will be included into the next update.
You can see the full change list for the next update as well as how to join or leave the Pre-release branch here:
This update will be mandatory. (i.e. Servers will have to update)
This next update will bring the following to Garry's Mod:
* Peer-To-Peer friends only mode - Enable this to only allow friends to join your games
* Substantial updates & optimization to Sandbox Spawnmenu and other UI
* Many updates, fixes and new features to all base Sandbox tools
* NPC networking optimizations
* New and improved features for modders
* Numerous crash & security fixes
* New main menu backgrounds created by the community
* Numerous Physgun improvements
Help us test it!
We ask you, players and modders alike, to help us test this update so that there will be as few problems as possible on release.
We urge you to spend as much time as convenient for you in single player, testing your addons and whatnot, and report any issues you find that did not happen before here:
Or at least in the comments of this announcement.
If you own a Garry's Mod server, we highly recommend you test your server on the Pre-release branch. Information about using experimental branches on dedicated servers can be found here: