A minor update containing a few hotfixes for last update just came out. Restarting your servers is strongly recommended.
If there are any persisting issues left, please report them on the official GitHub issues page[github.com]
GLIBC_2.15 dependency on Linux dedicated servers
Some Linux dedicated server owners may have noticed that the game now requires glibc 2.15. This is a necessary change since the version we were using before was really outdated. If your server is running on a relatively old distro which does not include that library, you can find instructions on how to install it here: Linux Dedicated Server Hosting[wiki.garrysmod.com]
Fixed non-ASCII characters being removed from player names
This was accidentally introduced in an attempt to fix an exploit which would let servers tamper with a client’s configuration file, sorry for that! Everything should be back to normal now.
Fixed model scaling not working correctly on some models
had an issue with some models which would cause transformations to be applied twice. This issue is now fixed, you can see the difference below:
This will break scripts that rely on the old broken behaviour, so I also added Entity:SetLegacyTransform[wiki.garrysmod.com]
for those who want their current scripts fixed with minimal effort. This function basically brings the old scaling behaviour back for the entity it is called on, so it should be used exclusively as a temporary fix.
- Fixed plugin_load not doing anything
- Fixed players being removed when sitting in a vehicle parented to another entity
- Fixed non-ASCII characters being removed from player names
- Fixed tabs in RichText selection
- Fixed properties not correctly working on vanilla
- Fixed Color.__tostring not outputting alpha
- Fixed render.CapturePixels crashing when used on render targets
- Fixed Weapon:CallOnClient crashing when called on a weapon owned by a NPC
- Fixed player names not updating in scoreboard and voice panels
- Fixed weapon holdtypes not always updating on the client
- Definitely fixed Entity:SetModelScale and Entity:EnableMatrix applying transformations twice on some models
- Added Entity:SetLegacyTransform(bool)
- Removed properties.HaloThink
- Removed _restart from blocked concommand list