Welcome to Alpha 3.7
We’re incredibly happy to finally deliver the long awaited Loot Shrine! You can finally donate your loot and deposit all of the gold you’ve been hoarding in exchange for awesome rewards like skill points, loot and bag slots!
This also includes the Loot Stash, which enables you to quickly and easily move items between characters or save your loot for later.
We’ll be refining and polishing the Loot Shrine experience in future updates (namely more rewards, visual polish, animations, sound effects, etc) but we think you’ll enjoy what we’ve got in game so far.
The Loot Shrine will unlock after you’ve placed 3 adventures on your map and you can see the Loot Shrine in action in our latest Developer Let’s Play video…
New Tutorial Adventure “Dig Site”
One of our current development goals is to refine the experience new players receive when starting the game for the first time. Our first improvement is a new tutorial level, designed to be played after “Beginnings” that introduces players to advanced features like dodging, blocking, jumping, keys, destructible items and switch logic.
For existing players, the next adventure you place on your map with the random adventure feature will be “Dig SIte”, while for new players it will be the second level that they access.
Here is a screenshot of “Dig Site”...
Alpha 3.7 change list
- Loot Shrine
- Dig Site - 2nd Tutorial Adventure
- Added a new music theme
- Improved enemy “On Fire” particles
- Bombs that spawn from destructible props no longer bounce players
- Can no longer place enemies or NPCs on tiles that have props on them that block pathfinding
- Adventure Gallery now uses scroll-wheel to scroll items
- Improved visuals of the Dragon Arena access area on the home screen
- Removed inventory screen blur effect on low quality settings to improve performance
- Improved performance a little when updating the character details UI in game
- Altered some fence props to only require a single tile to allow for better placement
- Fixed pressing B on gamepad on End Of Adventure screen locking up the game
- Fixed copy & paste breaking non-standard type tiles ( water, poison, mud, etc )
- Fixed enemies being placed at weird heights when placed on non-level tiles
- Fixed props being placed at different heights when placed on water
- Fixed issue when clicking on a NPC when in Enemy entity mode
- Fixed lockup when repeatedly switching between mouse/controller in the ACK
- Fixed on screen controller help not populating properly when switching input mode
- Fixed Hint and Checkpoint display staying on when adventure ends or player quits
- Fixed music theme switching sometimes failing causing the music to stop
- Fixed a bug that could cause a massive slowdown or crash when the game is paused for a long period of time
Alpha 3.7 Patch Notes #1
- Painting tiles wasn't respecting the tile count limit - it is now
- Fix overlapping text on Set Tags dialog
- Fixed lockup on loot shrine when using controller and moving to loot stash when it was empty
- Fixed HP amount discrepancy in Loot Shrine - should be 5HP - Congrats to those that got 10 before we fixed it!
- Fixed the thumbs up/down/neutral icon colours being set wrong
- Removed requirement for facade doors to be ONLY on the bottom ground
- Fixed issue with PUZZLE tag not highlighting properly
- Fixed Worm still rotating when frozen/electrocuted
- Fixed player sliding up the worm when in close proximity preventing attacking
- Fixed inventory start scroll position in Dragon Arena