Anyone can join
4,745 Members | 198 In-Game | 799 Online | 0 In Group Chat
Empires, the award winning Half-Life 2 mod, combines the best of the first person shooter and real-time strategy genres. Fight as either the Northern Faction, remnants of the fallen nation of Jekotia, or as the imperial Brenodi Empire. Empires features:
Four infantry classes
Prepare a surprise attack as the scout or take the enemy head-on as the rifleman. Drive back enemy tanks as the grenadier or support your team as the engineer. With four different infantry classes, each with customizable skills, you can create the perfect class to fit your playing style.
Players can organize themselves into highly-effective squads, overwhelming their opponents with superior tactics. Squad leaders can not only direct their respective members, but also use special squad powers such as reviving dead squad members or calling down an artillery strike on the enemy.
Whether you're ferrying troops around the battlefield with the Armored Personnel Carrier or reigning fire upon your foes with the Artillery tank, Empires features a variety of vehicular combat. Choose from six different vehicle types, including three levels of tanks, and customize your weapons, armor, and engines.
Real-Time Strategy Commander
For those more inclined to RTS gameplay, you can play as the commander. Place buildings, build defensive turrets, construct vehicles, and conduct research on your way to leading your team to victory.
With 15 official maps and dozens more community-created ones, no two matches are ever the same. Empires brings FPS/RTS gameplay to a whole new level. Join up today and see what you've been missing.
Click on any of the images below to make it your new profile avatar.
See all 3 comments
A new month, a new Empires. We're happy to announce version 2.13.4 which is live on Steam right now. Changes include:
- Flags will now be (slowly) captured if the full team is present on that location, even if the amount of players is lower than the configured minimum.
- Added turret turning speed parameter to vehicle scripts.
- Rotation in second seat no longer coupled to turret rotation.
- View rotation is persisted when entering / exiting vehicles.
- Artillery now has slight horizontal movement ability.
- Slightly prettier tank deaths.
- Added HUD element to warn players of CV attacks.
- Research is now paused when the last radar is destroyed.
- Added tutorial bot spawner entity (emp_tutorial_bot_spawner).
- Added commander target entity (emp_commander_auto_target).
- Enabled detail shapes
- Detail models now hide when under a building.
- Detail draw distance is now controlled by the server instead of the client.
- Added static vehicle crosshair.
- Fixed chat swallowing character after a %.
- Flags no longer continue capping after a game ends.
- Vehicles are now lag compensated, allowing you to hit people with hitscan weapons while driving.
- Removed tank cannon kick to fix aiming with double cannons.
- Included new cliff textures.
- Renamed stock maps to indicate play type to help players vote for maps: (affected: district402, urbanchaos, eastborough, glycencity, escort)
- Conquest maps (like district, vehicletraining) begin with con_
- Commander maps stay emp_
- Assault maps (like escort) begin with as_
- Fun / intermission maps (like minigames) begin with fun_
- Better statistics tracking
- Amount of units required for getting a point by recycling 150-> 100.
- Lowering wages.
- Deflective & Capacitve cost 20 -> 18.
- Rename Seismic Grenade into Seismic Resonator.
- More explosive force for arty cannons.
- Slightly decreased machine gun damage to compensate for lag compensation.
Upcoming Events _
1 event in the next 2 weeks
View all events
All event times are automatically displayed in your local system time zone
Game Art _