We appreciate everyone's patience and as promised have focused on optimizing the game further. We've cut off roughly 1GB, increased load speeds, and should be more stable on more machines. Files have been compressed into VPKs for the benefit of the users and while this requires one large update now, future updates will not be as painful.
- Optimised rendering code
- Recompiled Shader code with newer C++
- Optimised post processing shader commands code
- Fixed RPD navmesh in lots of places
- Removed collisions from railings that get zombies stuck
- Optimised RPD
- Added new detail and fixes to RPD scripts and navigation
- Updated aurora estates map and navmesh
- New RPD guard station prop updates
- New RPD weapons locker props and texture fixes
- More ambient sound additions and overall mix to RPD
- New shader optimisations
- Adjusted gibbing system
- Added Machete and new animations
- Clipping added in RPD to prevent zombie 'hiding'
- RPD navmesh fixes for stairs in the map
- Skylight windows added to houses in suburbs
- Optimised sound occlusion for Zombie AI
- Optimised sound bank-file loading for memory
- Fixed memory leak on game exit not unloaded memory allocated by large bank files
- Removed occlusion and obstruction from ambient sounds, now using pre-calculated occlusion
- Obstruction and occlusion added to player weapons and moving ambient sounds
- Optimised zombie positional update code for sounds
- Changed gib code to allow 9MM weapons to gib the head
We are still looking into Nvidia issues, crash bugs, and further optimization. Unfortunately none of these issues were brought to light until we released "Early Access" so we need your help tracking down the problems.
If you're having issues please visit Here
and provide the following:
- Full Error in detail (what you were doing when the trouble occured, what if any message did you get, any other visual cues?)
- Full System Specs...
- What have you tried thus far?
<center><iframe width="450" height="253" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KxZVYB3bOS8"
We will be streaming on our Twitch.Tv Account at- http://www.twitch.tv/tatsur0
every Friday @ 7:00PM PST/PDT (GMT- 7:00) -Click here for current time-[wwp.greenwichmeantime.com]
and will pass out one or more free copies of Contagion during the Stream!
Next week we'll be focusing on further optimization and bugs as well as releasing a new Firearm. Maps will come in due time.
-The Contagion Team