I apologize for the delay in announcing a release that went out nearly 12 hours ago but sometimes this is a good sign and in our case and for the future of Contagion it is! We hope you approve of the weekly updates and will be releasing more content shortly and more often very soon!
9 Ways Contagion Brings the Zombie Genre Back From the Dead :: Game Cupid
“Oh great! Another generic zombie game!” I hear you say.
Stop rolling your eyes a second and hear me out.
We can't help but get a jump start when Contagion goes from a generic Zombie game to a "Oh" moment and the hard work, design, and depth of the game just clicks for users. No hand holding, but a well thought out and challenging game that attempts to hit the mark but only time will tell.
Check out the full review at http://www.gamecupid.com/content/feature-game-contagion
Where we are at with Linux (Linux Update as promised)
Linux progresses and we're quite confident that we'll soon be able to release our Linux and Mac platforms soon but as we said last week there are walls and the latest one is an issue with networking on Valve's end. Will keep you up to date but have made vast steps forward since the last update.
Here is what we put out in today's patch
June 4th Update - Changelog:
- Added 'you are here' maps around Barlowe to help navigation.
- Added glow symbol underneath infected survivors when seen through zombie vision.
- Added additional checks to try solve invisible survivor glitch.
- Improved many areas on Barlowe square and fixed lots of exploited areas.
- Riot zombies in Panic gamemodes can now cause infection with claws but not with grapple bite.
- Bigger penalty in Hunted for suicide and new penalty for drawing a round.
- Many navmesh fixes to Barlowe Square to help with Extraction.
- Fixed zombies disappearing when killed instead of seeing a corpse.
- Adjustments to crossbow accuracy and power.
- Adjusted GPS in Barlowe Extraction to not be so bright.
- Adjusted delay after grapple that zombies can hit survivors.
- Adjusted microphone drawing in Panic gamemodes scoreboard.
- Adjusted 16 player scoreboard to change to 16 slot layout when number of players goes above 8.
- Adjusted character breathing sounds when running out of stamina.
- Fixed ability for some weapons to do large friendly fire on Normal difficulty.
- Fixed ability to join a Hunted game as a survivor in the last remaining minutes.
- Fixed pathing entities causing navigation issues on Barlowe.
- Removed per-difficulty damage adjustment for Grenades.
Due to the hours and sleep deprivation and so I can focus on getting new content out like CE_Biotec ASAP, Joe is stepping in handle our General Discussion. Please be gentle! We will still be watching over and helping those in need however!
He're a look at what we're working on atm - -Here-
-The Contagion Team