If you're a Leopard (10.5.8) user, and you got troubles launching the game, please try the following:
- make sure you got the latest Java Update for your OS:
Then you will to modify (or add) a line in the DisplayOptions.xml config file:
- go to the finder
- press Cmd + Shift + G
- type ~/Library
- then go to Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/blocks that matter/config
- open the DisplayOptions.xml with TextEdit or any text editor
- replace the line < gameApiForceOff value="0" />
- with < gameApiForceOff value="1" />
- if the < gameApiForceOff value="0" /> line doesn't exist yet, you can create it next to the existing ones
- save the file
Restart the game.
Does it launch?
WARNING: this operation unable all Steam services, because it appeared that the Java Machine on Leopard couldn't launch the Steam 32bit Library.
Since no 64 bits Library exits, I'm searching a way to bypass this issue.
For now, that's how you can play Blocks That Matter on Leopard!