Dear fellow gamers, today we have a huge and important announcement to make.
A new kind of sword-fighting
It's been a humbling five years with Puny Human and with players in our community. We've learned so much, and grew together to form a tight crew. In the wake of the Facebook acquisition of Oculus, we thought to ourselves, what is natural next step in our own evolution?
New attacks for Pure
Today, we are officially announcing our new partner and sponsor Myspace.com
. We've always felt that sword fighting and indie band social network space mesh well together, like peanut butter and jelly. The acquisition went something like this:
"So we got this tactical sword-fighting game"
"I don't see any guns in it."
"Well.. it's a sword-fighting game."
"It really needs a gun. Something loud. Kids these days like Counter-Strike don't they?"
: "I'm not sure Tom.."
Puny Human 2:
"YES WE HAVE GUNS"
To mark this special occasion, we are adding an ultra exclusive Arctic Warfare rifle.
This weapon is a slow-firing, one shot kill weapon, designed for beginners to the game. Our game balance team decided to make it cost a lot of notes in order to balance the game around this new weapon type. You can find it in the customization menu and unlock it by earning notes or using the like button to share the game with your social network. In the future, notes will be deprecated and replaced with likes and you will need to sign into Myspace to continue recording your stats.
Patch Notes 2447
- Added a new weapon type: Guns
- New weapon: Arctic Rifle, can be purchased for notes or likes on Myspace
- One-shot kill type weapon with a slow reload
A lot of changes have been made to reduce the effects of juggling in this patch. Part of this goal is to make being hit in the air not such a drag, and make the recovery smoother.
- Reduced stun time from being hit in the air from 0.5 to 0.4
- applying increasing combo velocity per attack when player is hit in the air
- slightly increased knockback value for players hit in the air
- reduced movement scale for air stun animation
- made air stun movement only apply to first 0.2s of its animation so the rest of the stun is taken over by gravity
There was also a lot of feedback from the players for knockdown. One cheesy play was Ryoku heavy left instantly on a downed player to get free damage. This isn't so fun, so we made recovery much much faster.
- Reduced recovery time from knockdown from 1.0 to 0.4
- Changed tracer parrying so that heavy stance has increased volume for parry detection and fast stance has reduced volume for parry detection, making heavy more likely to get parried and fast stance slightly less so. This change is somewhat experimental, and the effects aren't all that clear, but it's worth a quick try.
- Jian's speed bonus no longer activate when the attack is blocked
- Intercept now has a slight warmup time of 0.125s so now it's window is between 0.125 to 0.4 seconds of the click
- Removed blocking from input buffering so that intercept cannot re-trigger via input buffering
- New Balanced String 1 Tier 3 rising attack
- New Balanced String 3 Tier 3 whirlwind attack
- Reduced fast left damage from 20 to 17
- Fixed an issue preventing Air Forward T3 to be unusable
- Increased knockback for air left and right from 50% to 100%
- Reduced Balanced String 2 Tier 1 damage from 26 to 24
- Heroes can no longer be grabbed, interrupted, or knocked down from shurikens, and blocks all shurikens
- Players now spawn nearest to the Hero upon respawning, similar to Private Duels
- Fixed pitch not working with default config
- Made 180 turn command use the direction that player was rotating with
- New controller button panel and localization
Improvements & Bugfixes
- New official Kendo Mask for Judgement
- Slight fixes to animation interpolation
- Fixed an exploit that allowed stance switching to bypass string advancement
- Fixed a camera issue causing ffa_community spectator cameras to look at the floor
- Fixed animations breaking when changing characters while sitting
- Acquired by Myspace
- Monastery: improved brushes, fixed texture alignment issues, improved courtyard floor, fixed issues with ambient occlusion lighting on props and characters inside cloister