The 1.03 update of Alan Wake has hit bringing along the Latin American Localisation support as well as several improvements and fixes.
As always if the issue you're having is not included in release notes below, fear not as we're looking into more reported issues for future updates.
You can see the full patch roadmap here:
Alan Wake 1.03 release notes:
• Add Latin-American Localization support (download the Free DLC from Steam and add -locale=esm to Alan Wake's Steam launch options to use it)
• Added -directaiming command line parameter that removes all mouse acceleration (enables also -rigidcamera automatically)
• Improved low level mouse reading routines to make the control cope better with low and variable frame rates. This also removes the reported jerkiness when -rigidcamera was enabled. You may need to re-adjust your mouse sensitivity in the menus!
• Removed auto-aim that was accidentally enabled in the previous build
• Added a frame rate limiter to menus & videos to prevent cards running at 1000's of fps (reduces stress on the graphics cards)
• Reduced CPU use when game doesn't have focus
• Fixed "first run" on a 2nd PC overwriting saves & statistics downloaded from cloud
• Fixed crashes when using alt-tab to change out of the game when the game is loading
• Fixed DEVICE_CREATE_ERROR for users who have "custom DPI" set in Windows.
• Fixed one specific case of "File IO Failure" issue when unable to write to My Documents
• Fixed camera to remember it's side preference (tab key)
• Fixed Cursor Key / Numpad assignment issues
• Fixed screen brightness back to original when changing process
• Fixed some cases of "back" and Return to Game functionality so that it doesn't need 3 presses
• Thanks for your feedback! We are still working on improvements & fixes, please see our forum for up to date troubleshooting and update information: http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=7759