We've been teasing this update for a while and it took much longer than we thought it would, but it is finally here! Since this is a larger update, 1.9 morphed into 2.0.
The entire UI has been overhauled using a brand new UI system that allows us to deliver a much more functional, visually pleasing, and performant system. We also have added tons of great new features like Hotseat, Mouse Over Actions, and more!
New Minimal UI:
Hotseat Mode Added:
- Clean minimalistic theme with the use of images for easy visual navigation
- Reduced screen clutter to keep the interface out of the way of the player and focused on the game
- Much better resolution independence, supporting massive 4k resolution and all the way down to sub 720p
- Overhauled spawn system with drag & drop spawning, and 3d object preview
- Much better UI performance, even while using higher resolution assets
- New player color selection, that shows you where on the table you will be sitting
- Use of drop down menus to nest information until you need it
- Logical 'X' close button instead of the previous inconsistent close layout
- Hotseat mode will allow you to play a game with up to 7 other people on the same computer
- Information is hidden just like if you were playing on separate computers with an easy to use turn system
Mouse Over Actions:
- Loading in custom content now has a progress indicator giving a percentage completed
- You can now specify the name of the game mode in Host Options
- Hosts can now change their color from white
- King crown icon next to the host's name
- Harder to accidentally right click an object when trying to use the camera by adding delay check
- Scrolling the UI no longer zooms the game in and out
- Camera responsiveness has been improved
We want to have a consistent control scheme to the game so that you can now interact with objects either by hold them or by mousing over them.
(Keyboard keys only to avoid accidental commands, due to mouse keys being duplicate)
- Mouse over + 'Flip'
- Mouse over + 'Rotate'
- Mouse over + 'Scale'
- Mouse over + 'Cut', 'Copy', 'Paste'
- Mouse over actions works on multiple objects if you have them highlighted with the marquee
- Fixed not being able to move objects if you join a server after the objects have been spawned
- Fixed poker chip highlighting bug where they turn white
- Custom models no longer fly all over the place when they are first loaded in
- Fixed camera distance on color selection for certain tables
- Backgammon board triangle order has been fixed
- Board optimization on physics calculations
- Card Hand holders code optimization
- Can now have more than one singleplayer running on the same computer
- Fixed toggle zoom issue on glass table
- Browser and Chat still need to be done in the new UI system
- RAM Optimization
- Stability improvement
- Third Game Mode
- More Steam Integration
- and much more!
We wanted to take the time to thank all of you for supporting us! Word of mouth is how we have managed to get this far and it's all thanks to you guys.
If you want to get the latest news on development feel free to follow us on Twitter
We recently added a Wiki[www.berserk-games.com]
to our website, help us flesh it out with some more content!