In the launch version of Supreme Commander 2, you immediately paid for units and structures when queued. With this patch, you pay for units when construction starts. While it may sound like a simple change, it changes the way you play the game and manage your economy. It allows you to pre-plan your bases and unit queues beyond what you can afford with your resources at any given time during a game.
With this change, you need to more carefully manage the build statuses of your Engineers and factories, and be prepared to use manual pausing and unpausing, because the least expensive units or buildings queued always get priority. You'll also want to pay more attention to your incoming Mass and Energy reserves so you don't have builders sitting around waiting for resources.
The patch also adds automatic management of Engineers and Factory queues that are waiting for resources to become available. If you queue beyond what you can currently afford, units will automatically wait and continue production when resources become available.
Build Queue details as follows:
+ We now show the rebuild bonus outline, even if you do not have the resources to build the item.
+ Added two new keybinds: Ctrl-Shift-P: Pauses all construction units, Ctrl-Shift-U: Unpauses all construction units.
+ When you pause an engineer or factory they will continue building whatever they are currently building (you already paid for it anyway), but will not start another build task until unpaused.
+ No more yellow outlines when building.
+ If they can afford the unit when the command is issued, they will pay for it right away and move to build.
+ If they cannot afford it when issued they will move to the build site and wait until they can afford it.
+ Greatly Improved AI handling of NoRush games.
+ Full fix for jumping/teleporting formations of units and only half of them getting the order.
+ Addition of the command line option /reverserightclickmode, which changes the default right-click action to move the selected group to a destination ignoring formation rules. Ctrl-right-click will force the group to use a formation while travelling.
+ Air units now move consistent speeds whether grouped or ungrouped.
+ Improved handling of Engineers/ACU when trying to reclaim things beneath them.
+ The Cybran ACU should no longer get stuck in an unrepairable state.
+ Artillery should once again be able to target things it has had LOS on, but not current radar.
+ Artillery can once again target structures under the Fog of War that you have had previous intel on.
+ Units that do not earn XP from combat are no longer able to consume awarded XP if they get the kill.
+ XP that was improperly awarded in the above case is now properly awarded to valid recipients.
+ Performance improvements by adjusting all buffs that are AoE buffs over time to Refresh instead of Replace.
Hotfix update 9/23: + Fixed a crash issue when triggering a skirmish save.
+ Fix for platoon positions being over terrain that is invalid for some units in the platoon.
+ Fix for replays ending when a player prematurely quits the game or loses connection.
+ Fix for circumventing the cost of the Bomb Bouncer's charge ability and the Illuminate Electroshock ability.
+ Fix for Cybran ACU not getting experience under certain circumstances.
+ Fix for Cybran build bots hanging around if an engineer dies while building something.
+ Fix for Colossus not having a teleport effect.
+ Fix for Rogue Nanite range for real this time.
+ Fixed an issue in the Noah Unit Cannon task.
+ Fix for 1 AI building so fast that it prevents other AIs from building at all.
+ AI will no longer try to create expansion bases while No Rush is active.
+ AI will build Nukes, Anti-Nukes, and units in the NUC, but they wont try to fire them while No Rush is active.
+ AI will build some experimental structures in expansion bases.
+ Hardened code for queuing build orders from the AI.
+ Improved AI expansion finding.
+ Fix for AI Nanites trying to repair things under construction.
+ Fix for AI building too many Rogue Nanites.
+ Fix for AI bases trying to include Mass extractors that the AI won’t build on.
+ AI will now look further for expansion bases to accommodate larger maps.
+ Fix for AI wasting tons of mass on nukes.
+ AIs will try not to step on each others’ expansion bases.
+ AI Engineers in expansion bases will not patrol as far away.
+ More AI econ tweaks.
• Build mode can now be accessed while holding shift.
• Added Safe and SafeMode command line options as a better alternative to resetting monitor resolution - Using one of these options will start the game at 1024x768@60hz in fullscreen and allow the player to change his options to something else after the game loads.
• Added build mode hotkey for Cybran Mass Convertor. Removed Ctrl-M key mapping for old Cybran mass convert ability, which no longer exists and was causing a crash.
• By popular request, reset Season 2 ELO ratings.
• Quitting a game will stop the replay from recording immediately.
• Fix for targeting units under the influence of world forces (ie Magnetron).
• Fix for units becoming unrepairable.
• Partial fix for selected groups of units not all Teleporting or Jump Jetting when given the order.
• Fix for Space Temple cooldown being activated even if the beacon was not placed.
• Better handling for units getting stuck in a position when they try to reclaim something directly underneath them.
• Fix for ACU/engineers going on a walkabout when trying to build something that overlaps with their current position.
• Fix for some factories and engineers getting XP for killing things when they should not.
• Fix for units colliding with terrain when boarding a carrier.
• Fix for not adjusting a units health when it recieves a MaxHealth buff on non-DLC side.
• You can no longer use the Magnet Pull, Magnet Push, or Pullinsmash ability while No Rush is active.
• Fixed up AI platoon templates.
• Fix for AI platoon sizes.
• Fix for AI platoons "dancing around".
• The AI influence map decay rate for mobile units has been lowered.
• Fix for AI building too many Mass Fabricators.
• Adjusted how much mass a Mass Convertor adds to the AI's Resource Manager.
• AI will only build 1 ProtoBrain.
• AI will attack ACUs more in Assassination mode.
Known Issues/Under Investigation:
• Pre-1.21 Replays will not function with 1.21.
• Teleporting/Jumpjetting group fix only partially implemented.
• Memory Management and allocation optimizations.
• Desynch related to VTOL aircraft.
New Features: - Added AI Custom Options menu to allow fine control of each AI's Core Strategy, Build Speed, Resource Income, Veterancy, Intel, and Target preference.
- The pre-order maps Emerald Crater, Iskellian Coast, QAI Prototype Facility, Seraphim VII Site, and Weddell Isle are now available to play for all players.
- Added a Cybran Mass Convertor structure, unlocked via the research tree.
- Added “No Artillery Structures” to game exclusions list.
- Added "No Mass Conversion" to game exclusions list.
- Added shield range ring indicators both during placement and on mouse-over.
- Added factional shield coloring, and quicker impact effects to improve overall visibility and feedback.
- Added a keybind to turn the UI and all associated in-game clutter on and off for screenshots and movies: Ctrl-U.
- Updated the current ranked season to season 2.
Balance: - Increased Mass Convert cost to 2500e and income to 250m.
- Increased Mass Convert cooldown to 10 seconds.
- Killing enemy units will now generate 25% less Research.
- Illuminate Rogue Nanites heal decreased to 5,000. Was 10,000.
- Illuminate ACU Shield health decreased to 12,000. Was 15,000.
- Illuminate ACU Teleport, Damage, Rogue Nanites and Personal Shield upgrades each increased by 1 RP.
- Illuminate Rogue Nanite's range increased from 10 to 15.
- Cybran Battleship range decreased to 90. Was 115.
- Cybran Kraken health and damage increased by 50%. Weapons no longer prefer unique targets.
- AI veterancy cheat buff is now an increased vet rate, rather than free levels.
- Illuminate Point Defense cost increased to 200m/440e. Was 190m/420e.
- UEF P-Shield health increased to 600. Was 400.
- Nuke cost increased to 1000m/4000e for each projectile. Was 750m/3000e.
- Mobile units that are hunkered will no longer be affected by the magnetron.
Fixes: - Fix for being able to assist an engineer assisting a factory and bypassing the build speed reduction.
- Fix for being able to have UEF Pgens assist an engineer assisting a factory and bypassing the build speed reduction.
- Fix for being able to have UEF Pgens assist an engineer assisting a factory and bypassing the range check.
- Fix for AI not sending early attacks.
- Fix for Air units not accepting multiple destruction part meshes in their blueprints.
- Fix for AI ACU going back and forth when there are enemies nearby.
- Fix for AI not using the Noah Unit Cannon.
- Fix for units getting strung out along cliffs.
- Fix for units that have queued move orders pathing weird after using an ability.
- Fix for beam weapons not turning off when units were loaded onto transports.
- Fix for Hover units not triggering properly when killed.
- Fix for UEF Long Range Artillery not being able to fire at their upgraded max range.
- Fixed Sonar Radius buffs to work like Intel Radius buffs.
- Units that are dropped from a transport will no longer infinitely loop their move ambient sound.
- Fix for AI units trying to climb hills.
- Fix for UI-based ACU duplication exploits.
- Fix for replay files not closing properly under rare circumstances.
Fixes (continued): - Fix for Platoon position being on unpathable terrain and screwing everything up for the AI.
- Fix for units being teleported when dropped from a transport over invalid terrain.
- Fix for the wrong leader being selected for Air units.
- Fix for GPNav group leader selection. Agents are eligible to be the group leader only if they are close enough.
- Fix for units that have queued move orders pathing weird after using an ability.
- Fixed resources getting refunded for units that have completed building and are cancelled with the stop command.
- Fix for units getting stuck against walls if they started out moving via steering only (no flow field).
- Fix for naval units not receiving commands outside the playable rectangle.
- Fix for some air units in a group slowing way down.
- Fix for crash when issuing guard on the ground.
- Fixed a version number crash when loading a saved skirmish game.
- Fix for crash when loading a save game while a unit is jumping.
- You can no longer send air units through an enemy Space temple beacon.
Improvements: - When we buff a unit's max health we now set the units health percentage to the same as it was before the buff was applied.
- Removed the visual effect on other units from the Bodaboom and Universal Colossus to improve performance.
- Increased Bodaboom buff check time to 8 seconds and Universal Colossus to 6 seconds to improve performance.
- Changed the Bodaboom range circle to match the Bodaboom's buff range.
- Attempting to join a game when you have modified files and the host does not (or vice-versa) will fail with a warning message. This is true for joining through the game browser or by receiving an invite.
- We now disable collisions on units while they are in a transport.
- All Air to Ground and Ground to Air projectiles will no longer collide with each other.
- Units that die while jump jetting will fall like air units.
- Anti-Nukes will now show the proper Available/Max numbers when you hover over the build AntiNuke button.
- Made path requests NOT immediately reset from cost stamp collisions.
- If you lose and have a human ally that is still alive, you can no longer hear sounds from enemies under the Fog of War and can no longer see decals created under the Fog of War.
- We no longer remove units from their group when issuing ability commands (except in special cases).
- GPNav now allocates all the memory it will require for Integration Fields at the start of the game to improve performance.
- Jump jetting units will now adjust their flying height to avoid colliding with terrain.
- Reduced the effect ambient sounds have on the game's framerate.
- Improved 'should dodge' logic so if your push class is less than, then you should dodge.
- Improved 'pass through walls' handling so battleships don't get pushed onto the shore.
- If a unit cannot move as fast as the group, then the unit's speed bonus max is 15% instead of 50%.
- Fixed air units group speed calc, so its not just the leader speed.. its the speed vote, just like land units.
- Illuminate Flare effect updated. Now less expensive, added an on ground impact effect.
- UEF Disruptor Station Activation Effects. Bigger for better player feedback.
- Illuminate Electroshock beam and impact adjustments.
- Illuminate Radar Overdrive, added activation effect.
- All faction scaffolding effect LOD adjustments. Better player feedback at further LOD range.
- Tri-armor buff effect. Now better looking and less expensive.
- Reclaim, Capture, Repair, Build effect LOD adjustment. Better player feedback at further LOD range.
- All Faction Unit destroy LOD adjustments. Better player feedback at further LOD range.
- Experimental Unit weapon effect LOD adjustments. Better player feedback at further LOD range.
- LOD update on unit upgrade, build bonus, overcharge, mass convert and hunker. Better player feedback at further LOD range.
- Changed text for shield restrictions to imply structures only.