A quick note for those joining the classic RO Mod 3.3 for UT2004 game event today. The installer was designed before UT2004 was on Steam. So when you install it, first off you should put it here:
<Steam Install Dir>\Steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004
Make sure that you don't have "UT2004" appended on the end of the install directory, as this will be the default behavior of the installer.
To launch the mod with the Steam version, you need to modify the launch options for UT2004.To do this follow these steps:
1) Under "Library" find Unreal Tournament 2004 in the list and right click on it.
2) Select "Properties" from the list that appears
3) Select "Set Launch Options" from the menu that appears
4) Add the following to the box that appears:
5) Close the window
6) Then launch UT2004 from within Steam and the Red Orchestra mod should launch
Additionally, if you use triple buffering you will get some wierd jittering online unless you turn VSync on. You can do this in the RedOrchestra.ini file which is located in
<Steam Install Dir>\Steam\steamapps\common\unreal tournament 2004\RedOrchestra\System
Just look for UseVSync and set it to :
everywhere you find it, particularly the
[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice] section. Hey, noone said playing a classic game wouldn't have a few bumps ;)