This is the near final changelog for the upcoming RO2/RS patch.
- Multiplayer Campaign Mode made officially released and Pacific campaign added - Multiplayer Campaign Mode is an all new paradigm in multiplayer FPS games – more than just a game type, it ties the game types and individual matches together into a campaign that can last hours. This gives the multiplayer game more depth than ever before – individual matches now matter for the overall victory or loss in the MP campaign. Both sides battle it out to control territories on a large scale battle map, voting on which territories to attack, whether to attempt to take more territory, or to defend and try to grind down the enemies resources. We like to say it is like a “meta” game of Risk. MP Campaign was cut before the original launch of Red Orchestra 2 due to time constraints, but now returns with both a Stalingrad and Pacific theater campaign.
- All new level Betio. The tiny island of Betio was the scene of the heaviest fighting during the Battle of Tarawa in November 1943, the first major US amphibious offensive of the Pacific Theater. The map here recreates the push of the US 2nd Marine Division across the devastated island against their counterparts in the 6th Special Naval Landing Force (the Japanese 'Marines') as the US forces attempt to disable key tactical objectives such as naval guns and transmitter stations. The map favors desperate pitched defenses and assaults at all costs and features extensive use of destroyable objectives. So engineers get those satchel charges primed!
- New Russian weapon - PPS-42 SMG. Born out of desperation during the siege of Leningrad, the PPS-42 provides the Russian's with a powerful, lightweight SMG option.
- New Japanese weapon - Type 97 Sniper Rifle. More accurate, but less powerful than the existing Type 99 sniper rifle, this weapon gives the Japanese another way to reach out and touch their enemies.
- Refined prone system - Players will now be able to successfully prone in many more locations
- Crawling through tight spaces (e.g. trenches) is less restrictive
- Japanese Type 38 rifle now gets additional ammo clips at level 3
- Fixed being able to single fire a BAR with a burned-out barrel
- Removed plus-one reloading for the PPSH 41
- Dropping a primed grenade when killed can now award points for kills
- Fixed issue where Aerial recon planes were spawning at the wrong location when team roles were reversed.
- Refined Countdown game mode to prevent gameplay exploits where one team would suicide after capturing an objective to improve their chances of winning (* Special thanks to THOR's mod *)
- Removed spawn protection when spawning on squad leader
- Fixed being able to spawn on the other team’s MGer
- Fixed M1917 firing too high
- Disabled spawning on MGer when spawning on SL is disabled
- Fixed spawn delay after accepting battlefield commission after a round has begun
Took a pass through many maps to improve gameplay balance including the following maps: Apartments, Barracks, Commissars House, Mamayev Kurgan, Pavlov’s House, Red October Factory, Station, Spartanovka, Hanto, Peleliu, and Guadalcanal.
The full changelog is too big for a Steam announcement. Additional changes can be found here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=95378