Happy Friday! Here's a hotfix for POSTAL 2 1415 that addresses a few glitches and issues.
- Resolved an issue where the player could get stuck in the obstacle course in the Taliban Training Camp on Sunday.
- Resolved an issue causing inventory items to disappear if the player collected too many cats and/or donuts.
- Resolved a rare crash-to-desktop issue involving police officers.
- Firing mode display for Glock and MP5 moved near the ammo display in the HUD.
- Resolved an issue where dynamic fluid surfaces would disappear under certain circumsances.
- The Custom Map option under Options has been removed, as its functionality is duplicated by the Workshop Browser.
- Reduced the zombie kill requirement in Vince's House on Sunday.
- Resolved an issue in Vince's House on Sunday where killing one zombie after the house is breached would count for several kills.
- Resolved an issue where not all weapons would be taken from the player at the Military Base on Sunday.
POSTed Development Kit
- Custom tags have been removed due to glitches. Unfortunately, they are not likely to make a return. Any items with custom tags will have those tags removed, and any "glitched" tags will be removed and fixed.
- Music file support added! You can now include custom OGG tracks, which will be played back with SongThings or level music settings.
- Download status is a bit more informative.
- "Reset" button added to Workshop Browser. This resets all added modifiers and changes the game mode back to POSTAL 2. Use this if you get in over your head and add too many mods!
- Downloaded items are no longer deleted automatically if unsubscribed. This resolves issues with multi-user support, and with saved games becoming inaccessible due to removing Workshop items that were used in a saved game. To permanently delete these items from your hard disk, use the "Purge Workshop" menu option in Options.
- You will be warned if you attempt to upload a Workshop item that cannot be played automatically by the end-user. As a reminder, it is highly recommended to properly script texture and sound replacements when possible -- requiring manual installation of mods defeats the purpose of the Steam Workshop.
- WaterVolumes can now be placed normally, without having to resort to undocumented editor tricks
- Volumes now color-coded based on purpose
- Toggling the Real-Time Preview now resets all emitters and kills all active particles
- Added ACTION_Stand for scripted sequences.
- Gimp pawn now added correctly via actor toolbar icons.
- Auto-saved maps are now saved to your Saves folder, meaning they will be backed up to the Steam Cloud.
- Pressing Shift-1 through Shift-4 will let you change viewport arrangements on the fly.
- BSP toggle switch added to viewport toolbar.
- Toggle Paths removed from right-click menu, redundant.
Enjoy the updates and keep those Workshop mods coming! We have some more tutorials headed your way, so stay tuned.