Updates to Order of War have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
* 2 new maps "Proving Grounds" and "Massive Assault"
* Some improvements in AI behavior were added for Multiplayer
* New rules for capturing Control Points (CP) in Multiplayer battles are introduced. CP starts growing white (neutral) once enemy units enter its range regardless of whether player's troops are (or are not) within it
* Supply routes of reinforcements are displayed on the map
* Spawn area (SA) is displayed on minimap in the form a blinking icon when a CP is captured. When a player buys reinforcements the game highlights the SA they are coming from
* Multiplayer maps tuned. Some objects were removed, Control Points shifted, passable/non-passable zones balanced.
* Fire Range displayed when new units are purchased or "move" - order is issued
* Leaderboard option that provides full statistics on players' games, achievements, ranks and positions in overall rating was added to Multiplayer
* Smart automatch feature introduced. The system utilizes Tactical Skill parameter of players to select the most appropriate opponent
* Added support for NVidia 3D stereo (the game can be played well with NVidia Stereo glasses, which is cool feature for personal presentations and PC geeks)
* New achievements for multiplayer added
* All occupied players and games that are in progress are highlighted with special color in Game Lobby
* "Surrender" button was added to the in-game menu instead of "Exit Mission" one
* CSAA option added to graphical settings menu that provides better anti-aliasing performance (NVidia cards only)
* Small visual effects improvements added
* User-friendly mechanism of creating passworded games was introduced
(October 22) – To celebrate the one-month anniversary of the release of ORDER OF WAR, Square Enix and Wargaming.net will release a batch of free downloadable content for the game today, Thursday, October 22.
The downloadable content, which is free to all owners of ORDER OF WAR, is comprised of formerly exclusive bonuses that were available only through special pre-order offers at participating retailers. With this update, all players will have identical content, regardless of where they purchased the game.
The free downloadable content update includes:
• Heavy Bomber Squadrons: Addition of German Arado and Allied B-24 Marauder heavy bomber units to air support.
• Infantry Mortar Launchers: Addition of infantry mortar units.
• Off-Map Heavy Artillery: Addition of heavy artillery strikes to the air support menu.
• Survival Mission Mode: New survival mission mode where you fend off waves of attacking enemies for as long as possible.
To receive the free downloadable content, players of ORDER OF WAR need only to start the game. When the game connects to Steam, the Steam system will automatically download and update their install with the DLC items.
Steam Download Code Giveaway Launching on Official ORDER OF WAR Facebook Page
As a reward to the Steam and ORDER OF WARcommunities, free Steam download codes for ORDER OF WAR will be given away on the Official ORDER OF WAR Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Order-of-War/116852549098) starting this Friday in the inaugural “Fighters Need Friends Friday.”
At least one code will be given away this Friday, with additional codes to be given away in the future. Code giveaways can end at any time, without warning.
So, How Do I Get OOW for FREE?
The free download code will be posted on the Official ORDER OF WAR Facebook Page as an “update.” The first person to grab the code and use it through Steam to download the game gets the game for FREE.
While this won't help you if you already own the game, if you get your friends to pay attention and grab it first, you've got yourself another battle partner.
THIS IS NOT A CONTEST, this is a first-come, first-served grab-a-thon giveaway we're doing as a benefit for the OOW and Steam communities, to help people get their friends (and maybe some new players) into the best WWII strategy game of the year. As mentioned above, at least one code will be given away this Friday, with additional codes to be given away in the future. Code giveaways can end at any time, without warning, so don’t wait – join the Facebook Page and be ready this Friday!