We're releasing another hotfix which resolves issues with the grenades, the radio background noise in VOIP, and adds an additional FOV option. You can look at the hotfix changes below:
Hotfix July 27th, 2015 Changelist
- Fixed overlapping audio options for non-english localizations.
- Fixed radio background noise and blip playing while the radio filter is disabled.
- Fixed grenade gravity amount.
- Added cvar cl_ads_weapon_fov_scale for controlling the size of the weapon while aiming down sights.
- Fixed pvp_sustained playlist so that it does not force a mapcycle.
- Updated Polish and Ukrainian localizations.
- Fixed missing caps on player models in the training mission and Classic Coop.
We've just released a small hotfix that fixes sv_downloadurl, hollow heads in the competitive theater, M249 deploy height, and AKM being incorrectly referred to as a "battle rifle" in the kit menu.
We are releasing an update to the game that adds a new VOIP radio filter, changes to Hardcore and Elite Coop playlists, new animations, gameplay tweaks, bug fixes, and more. Full changelist can be found below.
Update July 26th, 2015 Changelist
- Added a radio filter for ingame VOIP, which can be toggled on and off in Audio Options.
- Added option to disable HTML MOTDs in game settings, this prevents auto-playing video and audio MOTDs.
- Heights & Station - Fixed the water causing issues with grenades and molotovs.
- Market (Checkpoint) - Added cover at first spawn and some adjusted spawns.
- Tell (Checkpoint) - Clipped problem area and adjusted several spawns.
- Peak - Fixed an invisible wall in the center area.
- Verticality - Enabled collisions for all jug props and removed the ones that would block the player.
- Uprising - Fixed a few potential exploits and other minor bugs.
- Station - Fixed an invisible wall.
- Buhriz - Fixed minor graphical issues.
- Sinjar - Fixed roof exploits and other minor bugs.
- Market - Fixed player not able to block B Firefight when backing into the doorway.
- Siege bug fixes:
- Fixed Security able to access D Push before previous points are captured.
- Fixed a small hole in the restricted area at the exit of INS Spawn.
- Moved cache D Push a tad to protect it more from AT4 distance shots.
- In Hardcore Coop, Insurgent opponents are armed with paramilitary equipment, including heavy armor, AK74 with AP rounds, and incendiary grenades.
- In Elite Coop, Insurgent opponents are armed with less sophisticated equipment, including AKM, Mosin rifles, MP40’s, and molotov cocktails.
- Made tweaks to Outpost mode:
- Cache health now resets on wave start.
- Implemented VO for AI damaging the cache.
- Reduced cost of Hollow Point ammunition by two supply.
- You can now hear other players reload and crawl.
- Grenade projectiles now deal direct impact damage if they come in contact with an enemy.
- Reduced the bounciness of grenades.
- Increased holster animation speed for all primary weapons except the M249, RPK, RPG and AT4.
- Changed baseball slide animation to a slide on the knees.
- Added the ability to lean with the RPG, AT4 and Knives.
- You can now pick up a weapon from the ground if you are carrying the same type of weapon (eg. swapping an AKM for another AKM).
- Added audio fade out during the death to spectator transition.
- Leaning to the left while standing no longer exposes your leg so much and your character's head is at the same level as your view in first person.
- Sliding now keeps you crouched if you used the toggle crouch key.
- The size of the weapon is now kept consistent regardless of cl_ads_fov_scale setting.
- New first person ready animations for the M16, M4A1 and MK18.
- C79 optic is more aligned with the center of your screen on the M16/M4 and M14.
- 7x Scope has been centered and moved closer to the screen on the M14.
- M249 handle no longer moves during animations.
- Laser and flashlight attachment on the M4 now mounts on the side instead of underneath so there are no clipping issues with the M203.
- New third person reload, sprinting, crawling, leaning and firing animations.
- World model of the M249 has moving parts during the reloads.
- Bipods now deploy on world models.
- The Security team’s holstered primaries hang in front of their character, simulating a three-point sling, while longer weapons hang over their shoulder, such as the FAL, L1A1, M14, M40, Mosin, SKS & RPK.
- Insurgent team’s primary weapons holster on the left shoulder, or on their back when not wearing a backpack.
- Both teams holster the RPG and AT4 on the right shoulder.
- Added helmets to most Security team classes in coop.
- Added helmets to most Insurgents in Hardcore Coop playlist.
- Updated Ukrainian and Polish translations (thanks to [UA] Nick919 and Kamil Stankiewicz)
- Fixed scrolling on Workshop subscriptions list in-game.
- Fixed various achievements not properly being triggered.
- Fixed weapon world model collisions.
- Weapons are no longer dropped in spawn zones. This was being abused by players suiciding at the start of the round to give their teammates weapons.
- Fixed exploit used to see through walls with the knife.
- Fixed bots flashbang responses not triggering properly.
- Fixed bots in Occupy.
- Changed Outpost HQ voice over at game start.
- Fixed an exploit where using the knife could allow you to penetrate walls.
- Fixed explosion crash for users in 5.1/7.1.
- Fixed directional audio for proximity squad voices.
- Local DSP effects are now correctly applied to proximity squad voice.
- Fixed smoke grenades not always blocking line of sight for AI.
- Fixed multiple engine exploits (thanks to Nathaniel Theis).
- Fixed AI rarely talking in cooperative games.
- Fixed an orientation issue with the M249 muzzle flash. A dirt particle associated with it would be shooting up in the air instead of forward. It was also affecting tracer round effects.
- Switched over to the ISteamUGC API for managing Workshop content. This allows for addons of any file size and uploaders are no longer bound by a quota.
- Uploading a map to Workshop no longer modifies the map file. The upload process will still automatically find overviews, loading background and map voting image but will no longer embed them in the BSP.
- Unified the uploader for VPK addons and maps.
- Added “Playlist” category to in-game uploader.
- Theater scripts now load several of the sound scripts rather than having it in the game_sounds_manifest.txt, this allows theater mods to easily override most of the in-game audio.
- M4 and M16 carry handle model are no longer shared between both weapons. M4 uses the “a_carryhandle_m4” model & the M16 uses the “a_carryhandle_m16” model. They also use their own diffuse textures respectively.
- Added 3rd person model attachment system that can be used to add bonemerged model to a player model. This can also be used to create fallbacks when a gear item is not equipped (“fallback_for_slot”).
- New attachment points have been created on player models to determine where they are placed when holstered.
- Added several input and output events to the ins_rulesproxy entity.
- Added Start Breakable flag to prop_door_rotating. This allows for L4D2/CSGO style destructible doors.
Thanks! Have fun!