ESJ is 90% off this weekend, because we're raising money for Run For the Cure!
This supports breast cancer research AND motivates me, michael todd, to look like an idiot and run marathons. Yay!
As an added bonus, for the fans of indie games & game development out there, I’ve collected some behind-the-scenes cool stuff from some awesome game designers. I asked them for design notes, sketches, art style mockups & early prototypes, and they’ve delivered!
- Ron Carmel, known for World Of Goo, with some art style mockups.
- Metanet (Mare & Raigan), known for N++, with notes sketched during N++ development.
- Terry Cavanagh, known for VVVVVV & Super Hexagon. He’s donated a super early prototype of Super Hexagon.
- Zach Barth, Zachtronics, known for Infinifactory, TIS-100, SpaceChem & Infiniminer. He’s scanned in a bunch of his puzzle design notes from SpaceChem.
So, to get your hands on these lovely goodies, buy Electronic Super Joy on Steam & you’ll find an extra folder, called RunForTheCure (.../SteamApps/ElectronicSuperJoy/RunForTheCure), that contains all these wonderful things. :)
Already own ESJ & want to help? Donate directly at RunForTheCure.com or buy ESJ as a gift for a friend!
4 new levels & 4 new hazards, all set in the Science Laboratory! Work your way through Time Distortions, Acceleration Testing, Viewpoint Rotators & Dimension Doors!
- 4 new levels
- Boost Cannons. Get shot out of a cannon!
- Time Bubbles; Dodge missiles in Matrix-Slowmo style
- Camera Rotators; Twist your brain around these!
- Dimension Doors; Flip in & out of the Electronic Super Joy dimension!
- Adjusted difficulty curve & fixed some bugs
- Lost some sanity playtesting this f***ing game.
- Completely unrelated news, I broke f***ing my keyboard.
OSX Users: It is reccomended that you uninstall Electronic Super Joy before launching this update. Furthermore, I reccomend that you check the install directory and remove any remaining files prior to installing.
Fix display of collected stars in menu.
Update save file format NOTE: It is no longer backwards compatible to v1.10 and before.
Fix Linux blackscreen for locales not using a period for floating point numbers
Fix wonky gold times for locales not using a period for floating point numbers
Fix 'Electronic Super King' achievement unlock requirements
Fix incorrect unlocking of World 4 Completion Achievements
Lock checked Hot Sticky Mess achievemnts where applicable
Revert to Steamworks dlls used for 1.09
Lock levels and achievements if you don't own the DLC
Removed timer from DLC2 cutscene
Trimmed down the size of the game by ~4MB
Fixed One-derful achievement re-locking
Fixed world time not updating in menus
Replaced the bounce arrow spawners in A Big Ole Mess
Improved performance on A Big Crumbling Mess and A Big Ole Mess
Menu flipping animation now 2x faster
Tweaked An Evil Portal Mess
Locked A Hot Sticky Mess for people who have 'So Long and Thanks for All the Stars'