A message from the Community Development Team:
CDT Update 1 testing continues! We've included some additional fixes, as well as made some changes based on your feedback (The genie has decided to grant your wishes and returned to his old self)! If you haven't checked it out previously, it's not too late! Simply right-click on Dungeon Defenders in Steam, click Properties, click the Betas tab, and select "community beta branch" from the list!
Here's the lowdown:
- You asked for it, you got it: Now has 20% chance to "crit", dealing slightly more damage and applying knockback to all enemies (including Ogres!), as well as affecting heavier enemies such as Orcs more strongly.
- An errant muzzle flash left behind by the JITB's "projectile" has been told what to go do with itself.
- Overall attack speed slowed through a combination of adjusting Tower Rate stat scaling and animation scaling. The animation should be visible for a much wider range of attack rate stats. We felt that this was important since there is no other visual indicator of the tower attacking.
- Damage increased significantly to compensate for the slower attack rate. Now those punches really... pack a punch.
- Range is no longer affected by buff beams or Monk Guardians. No more super sonic punches that extend several times the reach of the punching animation!
- Base range slightly increased, range scaling slightly reduced; the Jack-in-the-Box should be able to bloody the noses of ogres attacking at their max range sooner. After all, they're Ogres, not Trolls.
- The Party Popper has given up dancing, and will no longer "Do the Twist" while attacking.
- Projectile ratios adjusted favor splashing/piercing projectiles slightly more for extra party fun:
- Magic Missile and Archer Arrow ratio decreased very slightly (Deadly Striker Bolt unchanged)
- Fire, Poison, Thunder, and Purity Djinn shot ratio increased very slightly
- Ogre Snot Ball and Fireball increased very slightly
- The pierce limit for Djinn shots has been increased by 50% (4 to 6). Magnum Bullets!
*Overall effect should be more area-of-effect damage, to address player feedback.
- Fixed an invisible wall on Buccaneer Bay. You'll have to practice your miming skills elsewhere, sorry!
- Fixed an edge case in Pirate Invasion where finishing a phase with only a few seconds left would cause the game to glitch out.
- Gave aerial enemies in Buccaneer Bay a strategy lesson. They should now spawn in a much less erratic pattern.
Bugs / Issues Fixed
- Say ARRRRrrrr: the Pirate Patch has been buffed up to Turkey Mask levels.
- Shiver me Timbers: The Pirate Skeleton on a Treadmill is sporting a new icon and a colorization issue on the skeleton has been addressed.
- The original Christmas map boss will now listen to you yelling at him to hurry up (or at least pressing the skip button) and thus his intro cutscene can now be skipped.
- Shock beams now use standard healing logic, which is a really fancy way of saying pets and abilities can now repair them.
- The Shock Beam was also told to stop using its cheat code, and no longer heals itself to full after every attack.
- Genies will once again grant you three wishes, as we have reverted him to his previous state. This may be revisited in the future when/if the bug can be fixed without causing undue burden to our hardcore fans.
- Mac / Linux builds of Moonbase and later patches are still in progress. We hope that this will be able to be addressed at some point, but there is no guarantee.
- The Pirate Patch reward is currently clamped to Insane.
- The beta branch is defaulting to GameSpy (which no longer exists) as the Online Provider. To fix this, please go into the game's configure tool and change the Online Provider back to Steam in order to play online. Sorry for the inconvenience!