NOTE: PLEASE START A NEW GAME!
This is a major update featuring a new area, a completely new enemy type, new things to do, and numerous improvements and fixes.
Please see the summary for more information, although note that many entries are left intentionally vague so as not to ruin any surprises. That said, first-time players should beware that the list may still contain some minor spoilers. As always, let us know what you think!
- A new area!
- A new enemy type!
- Additional notes, clues, etc.
- Revised the “talking skull” element.
- Lots of new or refined enemy behaviors.
- Added a save prompt when exiting the game and an autosave after shopping.
- Massive AI refactor for more consistent behavior with fewer “thoughtful pauses”.
- Massive enemy navigation and navmesh overhaul for better pathfinding and handling of situations where the player is unreachable.
- Improved enemy encounters in the otherworld.
- Various stealth refinements.
- Reworked some tutorial messages and added a couple of new ones to explain game mechanics people seem to consistently overlook.
- Enemy weapons no longer go flying when dropped.
- Charms are now auto
- equipped in empty slots.
- Audio sliders are hooked up now.
- Lots of balance adjustments. Be warned the game got harder.
- Shortbow quiver works properly.
- Lots of visual tweaks, optimizations, and polish.
- Notes now use a script font.
- Esc key now works in the main menu.
- Equipped items are now marked in the Inventory menu.
- Scrollbars should look better and work more reliably.
- Bow animation polish.
- Fixed an issue where lightmaps could become irreversibly black in certain cases, causing shadows to appear pitch black and the otherworld to become featureless and very hard to navigate.
- Fixed potential issue where otherworld enemies could spawn in the normal world.
- Fixed a related issue where progression could get blocked in certain save/load situations.
- The South Gate will now only open in the normal world.
- Longbow now starts with 12 arrows instead of 20.
- Fixed issue where you could get the "nothing more to hear in this region" notice prematurely.