We have some nice improvements to the Inventory UI that should make it a lot easier to sort and find things. A more traditional drop-down list for categories has been added, and rarity filters can be applied at any time along with a new Duplicates selector that only affects the current set you are looking at. Great for figuring out what you can sell or scrap!
Speaking of Scrap, there is a new Basecamp structure available--the Scrapyard! Now you can simply drag things out of your inventory and into the giant whirling machine to tear things into little bits. Be careful though, once you press that "Scrap" button it will shred it super fast! There is no undo, so no messing around with this heavy machinery. You'll also get a nice preview of how much Scrap something will generate.
What about Generators? This change has been a long time coming, on the list of "things to do before we exit beta". It started to feel like Generators became a "must have" unit, which can be frustrating when you just have 8 slots. The solution to this we feel is to actually decrease or remove the Generator's ability to increase upkeep, and instead increase upkeep overall. So instead of giving you more upkeep, they will do what you expect them to do since they look like power generators--they will increase the Energy capacity of structures you have them attached to (via the Sockets). We might have some balance work to do, but we think this will be a good chance allowing everyone to build more units and not absolutely need to take Generators to do it.
For those playing around with the alpha version of the map editor (for Prime owners) Dan has continued to make improvements and add features. Find more details in the notes below. We're probably a patch away from being able to reliably play your maps online with others! We're still deciding how all that will work, and what will be available for free players compared to VIP and Prime. Maybe free players can join rooms created by others, but can't select custom maps on their own? Leave us suggestions in the forums!
- Inventory UI upgraded
- new basecamp structure - the Scrapyard!
- 6 new, rare, crate types - keep an eye out for new crates!
- new players will see suggestions for unlocks from the Shop at end-game
- various updates and improvements for AirMech AI
- added "Go To" button on Leaderboards to find yourself
- Wishlist added to Collection Sets
- added a quick launch button for the map editor from the solo menu
- new icons for Map Editor
- Force Volumes can now be placed in the Map Editor
- allow players to change the game mode and boundaries in the Map Editor
- hold Alt + middle mouse button to rotate camera in Map Editor, Shift + Space to reset
- updated art for Erik and Samson
- fixed the display of Ultimate Fuel's stat modifiers
- AirMech AI should no longer waste their energy by flying against the pregame barrier
- fixed cleared plots showing a None label.
- fixer no longer stops its walking animation when healing on the go
- fix for being able to transform into one of the Salt buildings
- fixed a bug which prevented viewing properties which were pushed past page 1 in the Map Editor
- fix for factions being created with a trailing space
- fix for lobby menu not loading if chat is hidden
- fix for Guardians appearing in unit selection
- fix for getting stuck in lobby Hangar UI when selecting a unit then pilot/color
- more fixes for landing in trees on Vale
- fixed some text entry boxes from unfocusing if the mouse cursor was behind the insertion point
- fix for NULL/blank buttons in Esc menu
- stat changes for structural AirMech parts
- Roller weapon decreased from 20 to 10
- Roller DPS reduced from 200 to 120
- Roller build cost increased from 9800 to 10500
- fixed air/ground speeds on DPU Ammo and Advanced Belt Feed
- made Bomber Bombs ability use the Special Weapon Type
- Generator now increases energy capacity and recharge rate of your teams fortress and outposts
- Generator upkeep decreased from +5 to +2
- Ultimate Generator upkeep decreased from +9 to +5