Our pricing experiment continues! As you may have noticed, we're running a test where all the Kudos prices for things have been dramatically reduced. Do new players enjoy it more when they can more easily unlock units, mechs, and parts? We'll find out I guess! Note that during this test we have disable rebuying and selling these things on the Market. But feel free to take advantage of it and complete your collections--and let your friends know this is a great time to get their collections started.
We felt it would be nice to make a card in honor of Leonard Nimoy after his passing. We call it live long and prosper, as he did. The card will be available for a limited time and then retired.
Plus, and I hope you're sitting down, we have just added Orange Contrails to the Shop--try to contain yourself! Apologies for not offering the full range of colors earlier, we're going through and trying to correct that. There's also Blue if that's your thing, and we added a more common version of the MeMo Pad called simply the Kill Pad, so we can make the MeMo one Ancient.
Nicholas has been hard at work improving various particle effects (on top of making those sweet new contrails and tracers) and Matt has been busy tearing the guts out of the level loading. We've been investing considerable effort getting the game ready to be able to send maps down from the server. Which doesn't sound that interesting until you hear that Dan has been spending more time getting the Editor in shape! Watching Matt and Dan work on this stuff is like two sides of a bridge that are going to meet in the middle. I'm super excited that we're almost there!
To top it all off, a ton of balance changes have been handed down from the AirMech Council. See the details below, but I think we're getting to a good spot reacting to player feedback with the recent patches. Still reading? Be sure to follow us on Twitter, where you might catch a glimpse of the new AirMech in development....
- Collectable Live Long and Prosper card in memory of Leonard Nimoy
- Kill Pad Pet added to the shop, counts up your kills
- MeMo Pad is now Ancient, can only be made by crafting
- Orange Contrails added to the Shop
- Blue Contrails added to the Shop
- right-clicking bot difficulty now cycles the other way
- new Hangar background art (work in progress)
- missile debris tweaks
- tweaks to artillery shell particle effects
- updated impact particles for bombs
- neutral unit spawns changes on Duel
- more work on in game editor/sandbox mode
- new destruction effects for some AirMechs (Striker and Helix) when on the ground
- some fixes to muzzle flash effects
- changes to radar range for many units
- Jumper reload time decreased from 3 to 2.5
- Joker shot damage increased from 10 to 11.32
- Rebel armor increased from 60 to 65
- Stinger build time decreased from 11 to 8
- Dinger build cost decreased from 10000 to 9500
- Dinger hit points increased from 1000 to 1100
- Blaster Guardian shot damage increased from 3 to 4
- Cheap unit alternate hit points modification increased from -14% to -7%
- Cheap Bucky missile damage modification increased from -20% to -15%
- Cheap Rebel shot damage modification increased from -20% to -15%
- Swift Rebel move speed modification increased from +7% to +13%
- Fine unit alternate build time modification decreased from +20% to +5%
- Rapid Arty range modification increased from -10% to -8%
- Neutral Credit Box recycle value decreased from 20000 to 6000