You've got mail! Or is it AirMail? Either way, we're happy to introduce our latest "we never thought we'd add something like this when we started" feature--ingame mail. I'd consider the mail system very "alpha" because it hasn't been tested much, but I expect after getting it in players' hands we will quickly see what needs to be done to finish it off.
There are some rules for mail however. Due to the risk of people abusing the mail system, non-VIPs are only allow to send mail to people on their friends list. We made it cost 10 Kudos to send a message, and 10 Diamonds per attachment. We'll watch the behavior of players and tweak this up or down as needed. As long as you have Silver VIP status you can send mail to anyone, but abuse of the mail system will result in your ability to send mail being cancelled. Players will always be able to receive mail, just not send it.
For our American players, Happy Independence Day! We've turned on our "Liberty" exclusive items, including the Liberty Paladin
. He's also backed up by the new Camo Paladin
skin which is part of the Military set and has teamcolor support!
Someone ask for new Parts? We have just the thing for you! In preparation for raising the level cap for AirMechs, we're adding some rare parts. These will generally have the "Mk2" distinction, though as we add more we may revise how we present it. Feedback welcome!
- New Feature: In-Game Mail System for sending and receiving messages between players
- New Angel Quests: "Spotter", "Hunter", and "Kentucky Windage"
- Auto builder will now not build units if the player is at 90% of their total Upkeep
- New Paladin Variant: Camo Paladin
- New Warthog Variant: Mecha Warthog
- New Parts: Heavily Armored Engine Mk2
- New Parts: Titanium Shield Mk2
- New Parts: Reprogrammer Mk2
- New Parts: Amplified Heal Beam Mk2
- New Parts: Agility Hand
- New Parts: Armored Hand
- Continued updates to the AI
- Adjust some of the drop tables
- Full Force Cards are no longer dropping (the item they will craft is being worked on and will arrive in a future patch)
- Greatest Matches Cards are now dropping
- created by ThyTombstone!
- Fixed a bug where AirMechs would sometimes get stuck when transforming on the ledges and scaffolding around the Thar and Rath main bases
- Fixed a bug where AirMechs would sometimes get stuck when transforming near the broken bunkers on Nesthorn
- Fixes some position reconciliation bugs in network games, and forced transforms to air on outpost and fortress corners
- Fixes bugs in the sound system causing sound clipping and playback problems
- Fixed a bug that doubled the effect of the Credits Earned stat modifier
- UPDATE: Fix a desync, this is why there's a second patch
Discuss this update on the Carbon forums: http://airme.ch/v27320