You might have heard we launched AirMech on Xbox 360 recently--the launch went amazingly smooth! With that out of the way, we really wanted to merge the new Matchmaking systems into PC (called Party2) which changes a whole bunch of things. We intended to do that before launching Xbox, but it was just too much work at the time.
As the PC version was always intended to be the main version of the game with all the latest features and content, it became super important to finish moving the one system that was more advanced on Xbox back to PC, so from here we can go forward with the latest and greatest code.
This is the first of a series of patches, and the focus is mainly to test the new Matchmaking. If you haven't been following the Canary updates, here's a summary:
- To make a Party, first pick the game type in the Play menu, then Invite players into the empty slots. If you don't invite anyone, it will find others for you.
- Your Party will stay together after you finish a game! You'll be placed back in a lobby after you win or lose a match.
- There are no Party leaders--if you don't like someone in your Party, you should leave and create a new Lobby
- If all humans on one side of a match leave, the game will end! This is something we really wanted for a long time.
- To change your loadout in the Lobby, right or left click your own name
- To change modes (parts/units/etc) right click the AirMech image
- To change bot difficulty, click the bot "name" at the top (Solo 1v1 doesn't have this, but will be fixed next patch)
- Ignore the prompts for gamepad and click the Queue and Ready buttons as needed. Queue means "get in the matchmaking line" and once all players are found you will be give the option to Ready up
We aren't sure how bug-free the new systems are, but that's what Beta is for. Definitely give us feedback about what is working, what need improving, anything you want in the forums. We really didn't want to continue fixing the old broken system of Party1, so now that we have moved to Party2 we are much more open to expanding and improving it.
- Updates to AI behaviors for Survival modes with some tweaks to later waves
- Added two unit wide formations to unit group movement!
- Gothic Saucer has been added (and on sale for a limited time)
- Moon Festival Cards are dropping, and all 4 can be crafted into a Mooncake Box using the Nanoforge
- Moon Rabbit and Mooncake are available for a limited time
- Part points have been increased for mk1->mk4 parts, from +1 to +2 per rarity level
- Updated some of the secure points for Twin Peaks and Salt
- Play Menu and Matchmaking UI have been updated
- Main Menu music will now cycle through 4 different songs from the FLA original soundtrack!
- Simple has been updated with some new art assets and renamed “Dust”
- Fixers can now have orders assigned to them
- Autobuilder (if enabled) will now build abilities as well as units
- Add faction name to in game UI when teammate is in a common faction - drives new stats!
- Increase view distance when in free-cam mode
- Fixed a bug on Spiral where the Striker could get out of the level
- Fixed a bug where the chat window would go offscreen while in spectate mode
- Fixing an issue with sonyas sliding long distances when placed next to units
- Fix Saucer deathray damage when paused
- Fixed issues with secure locations on some outposts on Salt
- Fixed messaging on mail send failures due to mail banned accounts
- Fixed chat issues with embedded links
- Some fixes to replay playback
- bugfix so recently destroyed airmechs don't 'block' additional shots
- some fixes to position reconciliation (position snapping) of your AirMech in online games
- Turn off AirMech collision damage against fences