NOTE: 2v2 Matchmaking has been removed temporarily to let people practice for the 3v3 Tournament: http://airme.ch/FullForceTouney 2v2 will be back after that, and you can still use Custom games if you really want to play 2v2.
is back, with friends! Due to changes to Outpost recharge, units with a ton of armor should be balanced more, so we can buff Goliath
a bit to get it back in the sweet spot. We might balance it a bit more after going live, but the goal is we want to bring it back into everyone's loadout! To mark the event, we're introducing a very special unit variant: the Gothic Goliath
! And if that's not enough, we're also rolling out Ultimate Goliath
! We're very curious which one of these will be unlocked more--vote by unlocking! We'll make more Variants
based on the results.
Did I mention we reworked Outpost
recharging? We tore the system apart and are rebuilding it. The previous system was very simple, and didn't properly allow for differences in energy and health and it was in some ways easy to exploit, and frustratingly broken in others. We've put a new set of balance numbers in and we'll see how it affects both beginner play and high rank play and tune it live.
If you have been getting used to the improved AI, but annoyed about some of the dumb things it was doing, get ready for the next version of AI! Dan has been hard at work teaching them all kinds of new tricks. This is still an ongoing task, and every day we see new things happening with it. If you're a Prime owner, definitely play around with the difficulty settings to find your own sweet spot.
We have two new Pets designed by Black Diamond VIP members Nolij
. I think they turned out to be great additions. Note that there is no particular order we are working through the BDVIP list. It's a bit random based on what people have suggested that lines up with things we think won't be too hard to do. We're not playing favorites and will be getting to everyone, rest assured.
Did you know you can spectate games and still be in Global Chat? Well did you know that NOW you can also earn rewards and drops from spectating games? Players who spectate are 18% cooler than those who don't, and have whiter teeth, so we want to make sure everyone takes advantage of this special offer. There's even a Quest just for spectating! No seriously, you should spectate some more games. If you don't, boblan will know.
- More updates to AI behaviors
- significantly more difficult on Ruthless setting
- Sandrim has been updated with some new art props
- Spectators can now earn rewards for watching sessions
- New Quest: Watch and Learn, earned by spectation 3 matches
- New Guardian Unit: Blade Guardian
- how come we didn't add this earlier?
- New Guardian Blaster Variant: Gothic Blaster
- works the same, looks awesome
- New Ultimate Unit: Ultimate Goliath
- let's just say it's pretty boss
- New Unit Variant: Gothic Goliath
- functions like a Goliath, just looks way cooler
- New Head: Harlequin Head (designed by HarL3quin)
- New Pet: Book of Nolij (designed by Nolij)
- Limited Time Pet: Soccer Ball or Football, as some might know it as
- A Send Private Message option is now available for your friends when opening their Player Card
- Fixed a bug where some of the textures would get stretched out in Twin Peaks
- Fixed a bug that would cause the Paladin Hammer throw not to work correctly on Salt
- Fixed some bugs in the UI with long player names overlapping other names and icons
- Outpost energy drain/repair system has been reworked
- Goliath turret rotation speed increased by 20%
- Goliath movement speed increased 10%
- Goliath weight reduced by 100
- Goliath range increased 13%
- Devastator range increased 7%
- Longhorn and Gemini build time increased 10%
- Power Station recharge rates match other outposts while balance is being worked on
- Quests that don't happen at the end of a game won't trigger. Complete any game, Challenge, or restart to be able to trigger them. (things like the Wishlist quest)
Discuss this update on the Carbon Forums: http://airme.ch/Patch27008