The war against the Tzenkethi rages on with the arrival of Season 13 – Escalation. The Lukari are on a journey to rediscover their ancient home world and the secrets it contains, though an unexpected intervention by the Tzenkethi may put a damper on their homecoming. Political intrigue, exploring a bustling city and fantastic action set pieces all take place in the latest featured episode, “Mirrors and Smoke,” which is available now with today’s PC update.
Season 13 – Escalation also marks the debut of War Games. This new system offers Star Trek Online captains new ways to compete with one another by pitting two teams of five players against each other in competitive PvE scenarios. Players join forces to solve puzzles and race through the galaxy earning valuable rewards, including class-specific ships. To optimize this new type of queue, a new Player Potential System has also been introduced to match players of similar skill. Learn more about these features and other content introduced with Season 13 below:
- New Featured Episode – In the new episode, “Mirrors and Smoke,” captains will travel with the Lukari to New Kentar and defend the planet from the Tzenkethi.
- War Games System – Season 13 marks the debut of War Games, new competitive PvE scenarios which pit two teams of five players against each other for rewards.
- “Core Assault” – A space-based 5v5 Convergence-class scenario, where two flights of captains compete to cross the finish line in a space station based in the Adelphous System.
- “Binary Circuit” – A ground-based 5v5 Gauntlet-class scenario where captains will solve puzzles and complete various challenges in a Borg Co-operative Cube.
- Rebalance Pass – A full rebalance pass has been made to ground and space combat to ensure that no matter what choice captains make when outfitting their skills or ship, it isn’t a wrong one.
- Player Potential System – Matchmaking for Star Trek Online has been improved with the new Player Potential System, which evaluates players based on various factors, such as their characters’ equipment, specialization and participation in competitive matches.
- New Reputation – Captains who participate in Season 13’s War Games queues will be rewarded with new Competitive Marks and Assessed Stratagems. The marquee rewards from this set feature class-specific set gear for the first time ever in Star Trek Online. Captains can choose to equip any of these three sets for their starships, and mix and match the individual sets as they see fit.
Follow Star Trek Online on Twitter
Like Star Trek Online on Facebook