A little more than a year ago, we launched on Steam Early Access. I'm excited to now transition to full release!
Based on user feedback, I've added during that time:
- Music[blog.8bitmmo.net] from chiptune legends Danimal Cannon, Zef, PROTODOME, and Honin Myo Audio
- Many new buildables, including household goods[blog.8bitmmo.net] and many new kinds of blocks
- Laser Turrets[blog.8bitmmo.net]
- New weapons, like the Hammer[blog.8bitmmo.net] or Laser Rifle
- Achievements[blog.8bitmmo.net] & Trading Cards
- The Oven, to allow for transforming items into other items
- New user interface, including improved inventory, quest window, and build tools that more clearly indicate what build mode you're in
- Localization into Japanese, German, and Spanish
- Performance enhancements
- An all new megamap[8bitmmo.net] to handle the massive size of the world -- a player-built space now larger than the combined landmass of the United Kingdom.
- Pocket Universes[blog.8bitmmo.net], your own private universe to build in without having to find a spot on one of the main maps
- Pocket Townstones to allow players to start a town with only gold
- Containers[blog.8bitmmo.net] - store objects in a box with various permission levels
- Seasonal events, like CalcMMO[blog.8bitmmo.net] or the Easter Egg Hunt[blog.8bitmmo.net]
- Mac & Linux builds
- Transponders[blog.8bitmmo.net], a whole new PvE/PvP game mode that rewards smart base building. Can you survive the attack?
- And many other smaller updates
Thanks for being part of the community! I couldn't have done it without you :)