Anyone can join
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth
134,328 Members | 14329 In-Game | 48,848 Online | 1 In Group Chat
Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™ is a new science-fiction-themed entry into the award-winning Civilization series. Set in the future, global events have destabilized the world leading to a collapse of modern society, a new world order and an uncertain future for humanity. As the human race struggles to recover, the re-developed nations focus their resources on deep space travel to chart a new beginning for mankind.
Official Civilization site
As part of an expedition sent to find a home beyond Earth, you will write the next chapter for humanity as you lead your people into a new frontier and create a new civilization in space. Explore and colonize an alien planet, research new technologies, amass mighty armies, build incredible Wonders and shape the face of your new world. As you embark on your journey you must make critical decisions. From your choice of sponsor and the make-up of your colony, to the ultimate path you choose for your civilization, every decision opens up new possibilities.
While the soundtrack for Civilization: Beyond Earth has been located inside of the game files since launch, many players found the structure of these files, as well as the file format, to be confusing. Following this feedback, we came up with a way to deliver the soundtrack files in friendly .mp3 format, all through the Steam client. So here's how to access the soundtrack files:
See all 43 comments
1. Open Steam, go your library and right-click on Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, then select "Properties"
2. Now select the "Betas" tab in the new window
3. Type in the password "soundtrackplease" (without quotes) into the access code field and click "Check Code"
4. Select the "soundtrack" beta from the pull-down
5. Open up your Beyond Earth directory (default location is [disk drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\) and feel free to copy the .mp3 files to anywhere else on your drive
And that's it! You'll find all 42 tracks from the Beyond Earth OST inside of that Soundtracks folder. All files have been properly labeled and are in .mp3 format, so now you can savor the sounds of Beyond Earth whenever and wherever you like. Enjoy!
Upcoming Events _
1 event in the next 2 weeks
View all events
All event times are automatically displayed in your local system time zone