Yet another busy week here, but i've been patiently waiting to get this update out for you. I actually cracked a big problem with the previous build over the weekend causing really poor performance, so most of the improvements in this update are related to optimisation and hopefully making improvements to some of the problems many of you have been facing and trying to fix any big game-breaking bugs.
Thank you for being so wonderful and giving great feedback, please do continue to do so if you find any issues that haven't already been recognised. I renewed the forums earlier in the week with some guidelines on reporting bugs and suggesting new features, detailing how to be the most helpful and hopefully clearing up any confusion between people towards what has and hasn't already been noticed.
Another huge announcement is that I've been working hard on implementing something I'm sure you're all excited about ACHIEVEMENTS! Yay!
Keep in mind, we're in alpha, so they may be a bit unstable and you may end getting them re-set at some point should development call for it but I'll try my best to avoid that.
Right now there are 10 achievements available. Some easier to get than others, see if you can manage to unlock them all! One of the achievements is in regards to the brand new review system that has been implemented, bringing more life to the kingdoms that you discover. In the future I'll be advancing this further, but for now you'll be rated at the end of the year on your performance against the other kingdoms, see how well you can do!
I've also began the process to implementing trading cards, so they'll appear in the next few days.
If you experience any issues after updating be sure to REMOVE LOCAL DATA
as this may cause conflicts especially with saving/loading.
V0.1.6 Update Notes
- Added Steam Achievements
- Added Steam Stats
- Added Yearly Comparison Against Rival Kingdoms
- Added A Building Grid During Build Mode
- Added Building Ghost During Build Mode
- Major Build Mode Optimisation
- Fixed Road Tool Bug
- Auto Cancellation of Road Tool when Interrupted
- Adventurers now Stand outside buildings when inspecting instead of on them
- Adventurers now stand near the entrance when they enter the kingdom instead of wandering for miles.
- Added Fatigue Draining To Heroes During Quests
- Fatigue Now Affects Quests
- Added Progress Bar to Tavern When Recovering Fatigue
- Added Achievements
- Fixed a bug causing the game to crash during a new game after game over
- Progress Bar to show a Hero's progress when Exploring
- Raised starting population limit to 2 Heroes
- Fixed Explore Settlement and Quest Unlocking Bug
- Rescue Quest Added
- Swamp Quest Added
- Haunted Quest Added
- Better Resolution Support
- (ALT + ENTER) Now Toggles Fullscreen
- A Quest and Exploring can now be undertaken together
- (Clearer) Multiple Hero Selection Added
- Fixed Bug allowing the same Hero to be hired twice
- Quit Game from In-Game Menu now Autosaves and takes the player back to the Main Menu
- Improved Saving and Loading
- Minor UI Adjustments
- Minor Typo Fixes and Description Changes
That's it! I'm working on adding a weapons system soon including a weapons store, adding item recovery from quests, re-implementing contracts as well as improving the potion store to allow for control over sales and upgrades.
Thanks for the Support,