Update 0.95 is now up and brings a world of colour! A Spray Can item has been added that allows you to paint almost all blocks in the game using a palette of 131 colours, which is also the same palette used across the game. It can be crafted from a drop from the Magmasite Queen and allows you to recolour blocks. A way to paint/tint blocks has been requested for an awefully long time, in fact, even when we originally launched on Desura it was quite a common question from new players.
The idea is to allow players a bit more customization over especially large areas of ships and buildings which require specific materials to be functional, for their defensive or cost effective properties but also suffer from looking a little bland because of it. Such as a big tanky ship made solely from Titanium. The patterns of the blocks are still maintained so you can still tell the difference for the most part between different defensive materials if your an attacker for example.
There is also a new player held weapon, which is a Grenade Launcher. The Grenade Launcher does explosive damage to players(it does not damage blocks) and should be a pretty good addition to anyone's arsenal whether they be attacking or defending. In conjunction with this there is also now damage indicators for where you're being attacked from. This is shown by a red gradient on the 4 cardinal directions of your screen, making figuring out and responding to boarders attacking you an easier less confusing task in the heat of the moment.
As always, there's also a bunch of minor additions and changes which you can check out in the full change log at the bottom of the post.
How do I update?
The launcher and Steam will automatically update your client for you.
The server files are available here[skynations.net]
. Make sure you backup your server files first. Then just copy the new files over your existing ones.
- Added block painting. Blocks can be painted with a new item called Spray Paint. Selecting the spray paint item and holding right click will allow you to select a colour. The first ‘blank’ colour will erase paint.
- Added Syphon fuel type for Ice biomes.
- The colour inside Mining Syphons now reflects the Syphon fuel colour for the biome.
- Cleaned up the colour palette layout on the Item Kit to be separated by shades.
- Added damage direction indicator. When you get hit the direction will be shown to you.
- Changed mallet sound.
- Added Red Lantern.
- Added White Lantern.
- Existing lanterns have been retextured so all lanterns match textures with the Green Lantern style wise.
- Added Grenade Launcher and Grenade Rounds.
- Changed the recipe for Lanterns. All colours of lanterns can be crafted with 1 burntout core and 1 glass.
- Added some more community creations to the loading screens.
Optimized laser mining and other raycast events considerably.
- Fixed a bug with power per second making it incorrect for very large volumes of power produced.
- Fixed a crash that would happen for certain users during Steam authentication when joining a server.
- Fixed a couple of minor crashes.
- Fixed a crash caused by the route finder with no possible path on custom map layouts.
- Fixed some inaccuracies with explosion coverage.
- Fixed a rendering issue for lasers on some graphics cards.