0.82 patch brings Mac support and focuses on major AI & Gameplay improvements that were needed according to user feedback. There were many essential bug fixes that made the game a bit more stable. We have also addressed the annoying save bugs that prevented you from continuing campaigns in certain cases.
Please read the patch notes below or in our blog: http://www.ultimategeneral.com/blog/ultimate-general-released-3rdpatch
We recommend to start a new battle campaign and not load your old save for securing that there are no freeze issues.
Ultimate General: Gettysburg Patch 0.82 rev4685
NEW SPECIAL FEATURES
• Ultimate General: Gettysburg is now officially available for Mac! If you already own the Windows PC version and have a Mac you can launch the game via Steam and it will be updated to the latest version.
Note 1: An issue that also exists temporarily in PC but can be more evident in Retina displays is that controls are not very responsive in resolutions bigger than 1920x1080. If you notice map drag, movement arrows, rotation to not work very well according to your movements then lower the resolution via display settings. We are working to fix this in the future.
Note 2: Bug reporter button is not available in Mac version. (most likely will be added later - but right now we advise you to use steam community or our forum for reporting)
• Unit formation shapes now follow the ground morphology more accurately so you will be able to understand elevation and height more effectively together with the height map function of M key. Due to this enhanced visual setting the battlefield looks more realistic.
• Major AI improvement. AI now positions itself better and can be a very strong defender for all AI characters. It also will become harder to corner or completely encircle AI (especially the Union).
• AI now is more effective in creating and keeping “organic” formations and lines, securing areas with cannons and standing troops. AI will now keep much better distances between enemy and friendly units, and will use reserves and fresh troops more wisely.
• We made some melee changes in damages and mechanics. Now melee is much more decisive visually and in impact. Charging and frequent hand to hand combat can bring victorious moments but also can create heavy disorganization and exhaustion with realistic levels.
• Combat, morale mechanics are further improved to sustain the slower more realistic pace (action and movement rates could become too slow in some rare cases - we are fixing this).
• Your units will behave even more intelligently, making lines, rotating to enemy and targeting without overusing self-awareness ability.
• Union vs Confederate combat effectiveness balanced better. Please report if Union is now a bit more powered in defense than necessary so we fine tune in next patch.
• Improved soldier movement mechanics to be more realistic, less synced.
• Generals Slocum and Stannard now reinforce you sooner as was needed in the speculative scenarios of prolonged Confederate attack in the 1st day.
• Included the hotfix of ability to run game via alternate renderer for those who have difficulties launching the game: http://steamcommunity.com/games/306660/announcements/detail/1299602418108190020
TEXT/CAMPAIGN BATTLE FLOW
• All decision room text descriptions are available for days 1,2,3 except those pending to be fixed in next patch.
• Many Battle flow issues fixed that caused wrong battle flow and premature ending. Some issues still remain - Please be patient until next week to fix at least the 90% of all remaining issues.
• Fixed saves system that made loading impossible or created freezing units, AI and other issues. Please report to us any other glitches you find. We remind that saves do not save action states yet so if you save for example at the moment of a charge then when you load this battle the charge will not be saved properly, may make the charging unit to hesitate for some time.
• Fixed a lot of issues that made units retreat to dangerous places.
• Fixed problem that gave ability to rotate AI units.
• Fixed rapid back and forth movement bug for infantry that could happen when you got reinforcements. In next patches we hope to eliminate this rare issue that can happen to skirmishers and artillery.
• Fixed unpause bug.
• Fixed restart battle bug.
• Fixed various freeze issues that made game and camera unresponsive, units to disappear and movement arrows to get stuck on the map.
• Fixed some reported bugs that created lag.
• Fixed bug that made game to freeze when units of a group formation died and group was ordered to attack something.
• Fixed cases that made units to not fire enemies in front of them.
• Fixed major bug that made many sounds to be muted.
Let us know how you find the new improvements by providing feedback in our forums:
- Game-Labs Forum[forum.game-labs.net]
- Steam Forum