18.104.22.168 Patch Information:
In this patch I reverted the Unity 5.5->5.6 upgrade due to numerous issues and reduced performance. All the other changes and performance improvements from 22.214.171.124 are still in effect.
- Added radio frequency option to groups menu.
- Added planar reflection quality setting.
- Added tile draw distance option to instanced foliage mesh assets.
- Added options for max ping and queue/game timeout to server config.
- Added placard signs. [IDs 1467-1470]
- Improved holographic sights to stay centered.
- Improved scope off performance and scaling.
- Improved ocean reflection performance.
- Improved mp position compression to work with taller maps.
- Tweaked to cap aspect ratio at 21:9
- Tweaked stereo audio range lower.
- Tweaked small pebbles tile draw distance lower.
- Fixed server asking itself for quest info.
- Fixed using asset/type browsers outside of editor.
- Fixed an exploit with NPC vendors.
- Fixed tourist hat mythical hook.
- Fixed moonbuggy misconfigured seats.
This week I also uploaded two new video tutorials:Creating Custom SongsUploading Skins to the Curated Workshop
My primary motive updating to Unity 5.6 was for the new navmesh system, but unfortunately the navmesh data cannot yet be saved/loaded at runtime. This means it would have to be re-calculated when loading the level bringing loading times up into several minutes at least, so we're stuck with the old system for the moment. Here's hoping Unity will add support for getting/setting the navmesh at some point in the future!
Note there's still a bug with canvas sort override in this version of Unity, so while dragging/dropping items in the Devkit still works you won't be able to see them.