Today with patch 10 our game changes a lot. First off, the days of loosing nothing on death are over. We enabled full inventory drop and while this might sound dramatic at first we are confident that with the new mechanics in place surviving in our game is still easier than in other survival games. The main reason why we think so is the metal safe, this item allows you to securely store your items - even when it's destroyed. When destroyed you can rebuild it and your items will still be there. So when you are heading out of your base think carefully what you take with you and how long and how far you will venture out.
With the changes it also matters a lot now where you are building your base, while it might be great to build on water for protection you cannot build mining drills there which means that you still have to leave your base to either reach your mining outpost or look for rocks to manually mine. Mining drills are much slower than manual mining, but they provide to you at a constant rate and you build your base around it for maximum protection.
To increase your protection we have added the first automated defense turret that will open fire to everyone who does not belong to your tribe either when it's getting attacked or when getting too close. It currently does not consume fuel or energy but this will be implemented at a later stage when we are adding generators to the game.
Oil Spawns are now random so if you found one you can decide if you want to defend for just a hour or a full day. It's your decision if you place the big oil tower you'll get the 10x amount of oil but you have to defend it for 24 hours as it takes a full day. Or you build the small oil pumps, they give you only a fraction of the oil but only need to be defend for 1 hour. Oil can now be refined in the refinery which will give you access to fuel (and plastic later). Fuel is needed by the mining drills and we intend to make more utilities depend on it. In the future the generators will supply your structures with electricity and will consume fuel as well.
Additionally we have added the rocket launcher to the game. It does much less damage than C4 but gives you the opportunity to attack defense turrets that you'll have a direct line of sight to and take down lower HP structures.
Based on your votes our priority in this patch has been the performance. We were able to increase it quite a bit by changing the procedual terrain engine and optimizing a lot of code. So instead of having your client constantly generate new terrain in the background we are now shipping a pre-made world which grows with each update. This way we still have procedually generated terrain and this allows us to add biomes like deserts, european forests etc. to the game. Also, if you are eligible for the extra key it will now show up in the login scene after logging in.
Early supports will now see their additional steam key in the login scene.
- Server: Altered code to increase performance.
- Server: Fixed a bug causing lagspikes.
- Server: Added more anti-cheat.
- Client: Changed Terrain Engine to increase performance.
- Client: Changed Network Engine to increase network-performance.
- Client: Changed Core Engine to increase performance.
- Client: Reduced CPU Load by optimizing code.
- Client: Changed foliage settings to improve FPS.
- Client: Fixed a bug that caused trees to spawn sometimes in different locations.
- Client: Fixed a bug that caused the character to put your gun away.
- Client: Fixed a bug that prevented you from placing C4.
- Client: Fixed several performance spikes.
- Client: Improved loading times.
- Client: Added more anti-cheat routines.
- Client: Fixed several minor glitches.
- Oil now spawns everywhere, just like stone.
- Large Rocks have been added to the game. Build the mining drill on them to gather their resources.
- You can now craft the rocket launcher.
- You can now craft rockets again.
- You can now craft the refinery.
- You can now craft the mining drill.
- You can now craft the turret.
- You can now craft the oil pump.
- Fuel has been added to the game.
- Oil Tower is now a blueprint.
- Foundation can be placed on ground now so you can build wooden defenses around smaller structures.
- Placing a tent now serves as a global spawn point for all tribe members in case they do not have a bed.
- Tent can now be destroyed (300 HP, melee & explosive damage)
- Spawn priorities are now: Logout position if you did not die -> Tent -> Bed.
- Some weapons received adjustments in rate of fire, recoil and rate of fire.
- You can now craft the refinery to convert your oil to fuel (1 Oil = 10 Fuel).
- Oil Towers collect a total of 60 Oil. 1 every 10 minutes.
- Oil Pumps collect a total of 6 Oil. 1 every 10 minutes.
- You can now craft the mining drill which will gather stone for you automatically.
- You can now craft the projectile defense turret that will shoot everyone who does not belong to your tribe when enabled.
- You now loose your inventory when dying. Craft and put your items in the metal safe where they are safe, when the metal safe gets destroyed you can just rebuild it elsewhere and your items are back.
- If you die you now loose your inventory and a loot bag is spawned at your last position.