Noir Syndrome Version 1.6 is now available for all users!
As I had mentioned in the preview, this patch is on the larger side. An all new "Sandbox" mode has been added that provides unlimited days and hunger. Additionally, the killer has taken to hiring hitmen to stop you from eventually capturing them. As you get closer to solving a case, hired hitmen will try to track you down and try to stop you. Anyone could be out for you, so pay attention to what people say and you might get an early warning that you're being hunted.
If you missed the patch notes, take a look below to see what's new!
- Added a new "Sandbox" mode (in addition to normal, hard, and impossible)
- Sandbox mode gives the player infinite hunger and infinite days
- Sandbox mode works in the Dinner Party as well, except there is still only 1 day
- You cannot earn score, unlock badges, purchase scraps, or complete challenges in Sandbox mode
- Added hired hitmen to the main game who will search for the detective
- The chance for a hitman to appear increases as clues, suspects, and days are accumulated
- Killing hitmen will not anger any factions and will prevent any more for a while
- Added unique screen overlays for each costume pair
- Camera shifted slightly so the player is more centric
- Each hitman eliminated will provide a significant score boost
- Hitmen will show up much sooner and much more often on Hard and Impossible modes
- NPCs may warn the player when a hitman is currently searching for them
- Slowed hostile NPC's initial shooting times slightly on all modes
- Slower shooting only affects the first shot, so players can load in and react better
Fixes and Improvements:
- The 'Costumes' menu now gives tips depending on how many scraps you currently own
- Replaced "Challenge Points" with "Hitmen Killed" in the 'Statistics' menu
- Challenge Points can still be viewed within the Notebook
- Minor AI improvements
- Minor bug fixes