Major New Features
Howdy folks - we are pleased to announce that version .20 is now live and includes all of the following. We're working hard on getting more and more content in the game for you.
* "HAL" - the Habitat Management Interface: access it by pressing ENTER in-game. HAL gives you an easy way to view your habitat's resource production levels, health and combos, and lets you tweak various properties of your habitat nodes such as booster rocket levels and turret firing rates.
As we build out the game, HAL will become even more powerful with the ability to upgrade your stations, set up complex actions, manage engineers and more.
* Combo System: Certain objects will now unlock combination bonuses when attached directly to certain other objects. Look for adjacency bonuses with multiple resource generators of the same type, and the first three combos: the Ammo Box, Turtle Cat, and AI Brain.
If you unlock a combo, you'll see it visually indicated on screen, and it will also appear in the HAL. Experiment to find what works!
* Precision Construction: Based on your feedback, we have entirely overhauled the habitat construction interface to give you more reliable angles and distances on a grid so you can build balanced, symmetrical habitats!
When you choose an item to attach to your habitat, bring two blue weld points together to display the grid. Move your mouse cursor over the grid square you want to place the item at. C and Z still rotate pieces, but at fixed 15 degree increments. Press V and B to change the source and destination weld points you wish to use - no more trial and error!
* Habitat HQ - the Hero of Habitat: As we have built out our plans for the upcoming missions and travel system in Habitat, we realized we need to make sure you always have a home base. We're introducing it in this build as the Habitat HQ.
As your starter piece, the HQ will always be where your engineers are built. And, it's the heart of the Habitat project - if it gets destroyed, the game is over. You can still build as many habitats as you want, but there's only one HQ. Decide whether you want to move it or keep it in one spot - just keep it safe!
Smaller Features and Improvements
* Enemy stations now target engineers - watch out!
* Many more particle and explosion effects throughout.
* Engineers now come in a variety of suit colors.
* Saw and drill now show when they're cutting into things.
* Connectors now show when they're taking damage (for Dubwoofer, etc).
* Tips added to loading screen.
New Space Junk
* Ammo Box - Combo with projectile weapons for firing velocity boost.
* Turtle Cat - Combo with booster rockets to supercharge with turtle (cat) power.
* Piston - Extend and retract. Combine with the robot arm for maximum flexibility.
* Girder - Build and reinforce your habitats in style.
* Ion Rockets - Fly with electricity instead of fuel!
* Electrical Generator - Pure power. Stack up for bonuses.
* AI Core Brain - Combo with turret weapons for auto-targeting.
* Better joint stability.
* Much more stable robot arm.
* Engineers destroy enemy stations much more reliably.
* Destroying connectors no longer does damage to stations.
* Destroying nodes during attachment no longer results in a bad game state.
* Enemy station turrets much less likely to shoot own station.
* Weld points no longer render underneath highlighting.
* Camera bounds to prevent clipping through Earth.
* Can no longer select main menu items while in splash screen.
Thank you all for the amazing support!