A highly requested feature was to increase Elena's walk speed or allow her to run. Whispering Willows was created to be an immersive experience where players took their time to really read, admire, and explore the world. The puzzles and maps were all designed around this, and that's the main reason why we didn't do it in the past.
After a lot of playtesting and feedback we decided to include running for the outside area. This outside area was always meant more as a map to get from one location to another, and there are only a few puzzles. It's the most tedious area to walk slowly around, and so now you can hold shift to run when outside.
We hope everyone enjoys this change, thank you for your feedback.
We have also included language support for Ukrainian and Polish languages as well as updated others! The full list of patch updates can be found below.
- When outside you can run by pushing [SHIFT]. Elena disapproves if you attempt to run indoors, because we all know her parents wouldn't allow that :)
- Added Ukrainian language
- Added Polish language
- Updated French language
- We included a save point right before meeting Wortham the last time, so all you achievement hunters can load up your game after you beat it to get the remaining achievements.
- We removed the intro cinematic that played when booting up the game. Now it only happens when you start a New Game
- We fixed a bug near Fleur. You could push the dresser through the door way which would cause the door to shut on you and trap you, making it so you were unable to get back through the doorway. If this bug happened to you return to the stuck door from the right side and it should pop open.
- We fixed a bug where the mace would stay in your inventory after you gave it to the knight.
- Dialogue is fixed in some areas for English where there would be a bunch of dialogue on one page, and only a few words on the next page. It's spaced out more accordingly now.