Our newest update for X Rebirth, 3.60, is now available to everyone! It includes several handy improvements and the usual array of fixes, as well as an experimental new flight mode that we'd like everyone's feedback on.
Take a look at the video we've made to accompany this update to find out more, and to get a few hints on our future plans.
New features and improvements:
• New Feature:
Target can now be set directly from within the holomap.
• New Feature:
Flight assist mode can now be disabled.
• Added audio feedback for when the game is saved.
• Added possibility to talk to Ship Dealers and buy/sell ships remotely via the station's communication conversation.
• Improved behaviour of acceleration/deceleration controls when crossing zero speed boundary.
• Improved text-readability of distance and destination texts at target elements.
• Improved performance and responsiveness of UI.
• Improved accuracy of mouse click/pick detection.
• Improved shooting behavior in external view.
• Improved readability of start menu, options menu and sidebar by removing "scan lines".
• Improved accuracy of out-of-sector trade lane calculations resulting in faster trades via Cargolifters URVs.
• Fixed memory leak in upkeep missions causing large savegames and long game shutdown times.
• Fixed player falling through floor of ship if walking around while in super-highway.
• Fixed broken player movement after certain multi-stage conversations.
• Fixed mouse cursor being stuck hidden and confined when loading a savegame while on a platform.
• Fixed police not picking up all dropped illegal containers from player when scanned.
• Fixed engineer repairing hull too slowly if there are no other damaged elements.
• Fixed shipyards potentially starting to build when something is docking/undocking.
• Fixed ships/stations still shooting at objects when they shouldn't in certain cases.
• Fixed some cases where small ships and drones were dragged by capital ships instead of flying to the correct destination.
• Fixed combat drones not using evade manoeuvers in several cases.
• Fixed missing weapons in playership encyclopedia entry.
• Fixed several issues with crafting mission.
• Fixed several issues with text and localisations.
• Fixed several issues with the Twilight Sentinel plot battle.
• Fixed Plutarch Overwatch station repairing itself after being destroyed.
• Fixed engine rotation of the Eterscel Raider.
• Fixed trade reservation clean up when canceling trade plans on player-owned ships.
• Fixed issues with drone capacity after a drone launch pad is destroyed.
• Fixed not being able to steer after loading certain savegames.
• Fixed several bugs related to launching and docking remote controlled drones.
• Fixed some cases where mouse-picking positions on menus were incorrect.
• Fixed distance text at target elements not being centered.
• Fixed details menu for ships in construction.
• Fixed some incorrect speed values in menus.
• Fixed problem highlighting station modules by clicking on them in the map.
• Fixed incorrect part positions in holomap detail view.
• Fixed accuracy issues with trade prices in savegames.
• Fixed rare cases of turrets trying to shoot through other objects which are in line-of-sight of their actual target.
• Fixed rare cases of sound-effects coming from the wrong positions in the cockpit or during remote control.
• Fixed several causes for managers reporting incorrect recommended budget and transferring too much money to player account.
• Fixed NPC built stations in the plot from sometimes never being completed by allowing a new builder ship to be ordered.
• Fixed several small glitches with the crosshair in external view.
• Fixed player being allowed to dock at ships after they were sold.
• Fixed re-entering ROVs at the last moment causing issues with bomb ammo and exiting the drone again.
• Fixed architect not asking for enough credits.
• Fixed incorrect profit calculations.
• Fixed cases of stuck ships in build-areas preventing stations from being constructed.
• Fixed missing rare engine reward bug in crafting mission.
• Fixed station-owned ships ignoring non-player-owned stations when attempting to sell off products or leftover cargo from their homebase.
• Fixed drone units being marked as "in use" even if launching them failed.
• Fixed Traitor drones not replenishing bomb ammo when bombs are detonated while the drone is docked.
• Fixed certain cases of being unable to dock on captured ships.
• Fixed issue causing excessive stalls when quitting a game session.
• Fixed issue causing performance to degrade slowly over a long game session.
• Fixed several more causes of crashes.
• Several small performance and memory optimisations.