This is a fairly substantial update. I hope you like the new additions.
- New feature: Shields. There are two shields that the player can pick up and use: a standard shield and a fear shield. Shields can only take a certain amount of damage before they break, as indicated by a HUD meter. Shields are obtained by defeating shield wielding enemies. Defeat the enemy without destroying its shield, and the shield will drop. Collecting a shield whilst you already have one equipped will replenish the shield's health.
- New enemy: Witch Doctor. Wields a fear shield
- New enemy: Goblin. Hops around on a pogo stick, dropping mines that detonate damaging anything within their explosion radius.
- Some changes have been made to the way Chests work. A small amount of situational bias has been added to the way items that are chosen, whilst still retaining as much randomness as possible. So you will be more likely to receive an ability as opposed to treasure, if you currently have no abilities etc.
- Chest 0 spins message changed from "Empty" to "Failed".
- Destroying a chest, or stopping on 0 spins will drop either a heart or a token. This means you always receive something from a chest.
- 4 new colours have been added to the customisation list (Black, Camo 1, Camo 2 & Camo 3).
- Alt-Tab player visibility bug fixed.
- Hit Wisps (the things that leave trails of gold) with an attack for 50% chance to receive a token.
- Some balance changes have been made to shield wielding enemies.
Tip for shield usage:
The direction that the shield is facing will be the direction that the shield will block attacks from. Aiming the hand cannon or carrying a key will place the shield on the character's back, blocking attacks from behind. Attacking with the sword will leave you open to attacks from the front, but will block attacks from the side the shield is facing.
Thank you to everyone that has posted feedback and suggestions. Any changes/additions that didn't make it into this release will be included in the next.