Who loves you and who do you love? Assuming your answer was “The team at Spilt Milk Studios” then we can still be friends. We know we love you. How do we prove it? With our tenth weekly update since we launched Tango Fiesta on Early Access.
This week’s update is a bit of a treat - it includes new enemies, bosses, weapons, traps and a whole new world to blast through!
Who Wants to Be A Killionaire?
We’ve introduced the most content we’ve ever released this week - last week’s new playable character Conchita finally has a themed world to run around and cause mayhem in! This futuristic gladiatorial gameshow is a lethal man-mad maze of tricks and traps. Watch out for spikes, iced floors and brand new bad guys with varied and fiendish new weaponry!
But what are the specifics, you ask? Well, allow me to elaborate!
From left to right we’ve added Snowflake, General Payne, The Shocker, Lockjaw, Dr Fahrenheit
This former-body-builder-turned-Killionaire is a lot hotter in combat than his cold heart would have you believe. He wields Dr Frosty with skill, and will freeze your assets as soon as look at you!
This ex-Special-Forces-Commando is one of the meanest Killionaires ever to have graced the screen. He’s a mean son of a gun and loves his gun almost as much as he likes shooting people with it.
NOTE: His design is directly inspired by the boss of Mastertronic, Andy Payne. He’s had a tough few months, as have Mastertronic (our lovely publishers) so for this week only he’s been given 9999HP. Which is a lot. Yatcha Queen alone has 6000HP,. for example.
This mysterious and very stylish former New Romantic has had their heart broken one too many times. Now you have to fear the way The Shocker uses The Shocker. Shockingly, you’ll be in for a shock!
A total radge. With a chainsaw. He’s frankly terrifying and I worry about unleashing him on you. I apologise in advance.
He uses his flamethrower to toast marshmallows as well as his enemies. His appearance is likely to give a certain spark to any fight!
And here are the weapons that they’ll be using to make your day a tougher one than normal...
If you are unlucky enough to get hit by this fairly slow moving bad boy it zaps you good, causing damage and messing with not only your movement but also your trigger finger!
This chilly customer will freeze you solid! Not exactly a problem on its own, but when thrown into the mix with other bad guys with other weapons, it can be a bit of an issue to be immobile for a short while!!
Flames. In your face. Never a good thing. Also pretty handy for destroying the environment. I we don’t just mean in a uses-petrol-and-thats-bad kind of way,
Mark & Hamill Chainsaw
Best left alone, unless you are chopping logs. Or your enemies. Requires you to get up close, but then why wouldn’t you want to see their faces as you make this a part of them?
Of course we’ve been working to fix existing issues as well as all the above, and we’ve no doubt missed a few things we’ve added, so the (probably) full list is below!
- Added new game world, Who Wants to Be A Killionaire
- 5 New bosses added
- 6 new bad guys
- 4 new weapons added and available to unlock, including the relevant Austrian-accented shopkeeper’s updated VO
- New damage effects
- New trap: spikes! They hurt.
- New trap: ice! A slippery customer.
- New Music for Killionaire
- New sound effects for all guns, enemies, and environment
- Updated the origin spawn location of the blood trails when enemies are defeated to be more inline with their bodies.
- Updated mouse aiming controls
- Improved level generation algorithm to handle larger levels at faster speed
- Updated gun-store to add new guns and pagination
- Sound effects levels tweaked
- Fixed animation issues with not being able to aim in all directions until you had fired your weapon
- Fixed feet animation constantly resetting when firing your weapon
- Fixed enemy death animations not always triggering correctly
- Fixed issue where you would start the game with the wrong weapon being displayed
- Fixed issue where the animation wouldn't trigger if you aimed in a direction, released the stick, then aimed in that direction again
- fixed issue with obstacles not blocking movement
We have to say this has been a very tough week indeed! So much new stuff going in, and the first real full-on test of all the tools we’ve spent so long building. They held up really well and things wouldn’t be going at the current pace without them… but even so there are a few things missing that we’d have liked to get in this update (like sound effects sand VO for the bosses). It’s a shame, but rest assured we’ll be adding that all as soon as possible.
It’s also worth noting again that the new level isn’t yet available to play with in Online Multiplayer. We just didn’t want to risk you guys not having fun so we’re holding back to test it more.
Let us know what you think about the update! Help us balance the bad guys and new guns so they’re tons of fun and add more to the game than we ever imagined!