Complete rework of the "Flying" sections
I wasn't happy with the current state of the flying mode, as it was too monotonous and didn't feel as "powerful" as it should to represent the most intense parts of a song. This was in part due to the lack of solid obstacles (requiring more complex inputs in Intense and above), and also due to the lack of distinct character animations and background visualizations to enhance the experience.
So I've completely scratched it and made a new flying mode with a new theme!
What I really liked about the old mode was the possibility to have a very high orb density, which isn't possible with solid obstacles in-between due to the animations' length, so the compromise I've found was to have solid obstacles only for long held notes, and orbs for regular notes.
Flying sections should now feel much more intense, and very long ones found in music genre like metal should feel more appropriate. Please let me know in the discussion board if you have any feedback.
- Double arrows mix (Overload difficulty and Custom) are now inverted automatically when using a gamepad. You can still invert that result using the General options menu
- If a respawn would happen during a transition, it will now happen right in the middle of the transition instead of afterwards, giving you more time to anticipate the next obstacle
- Fixed the resolution change confirmation screen not applying video changes beforehand
- Fixed failure animations being horizontally offset in Intense and Overload difficulty
- Removed debug information from the window's titlebar
Quick Patch: v0.7.0.1
- Flying sections are now slightly faster in all difficulties
- Cleaned data files with references to the old flying mode (for faster game loading)