Gather round, grunts!
It's been a great first week and we are happy to make our first major update! Testing has provided us with a lot of good feedback and allowed us to not only kill some bugs and tweak the game, but start implementing our new tutorial.
And for those who want to try Ground Pounders a bit before committing to buy - at our low Early Access introductory price! - we have created our first demo build since the Alpha Demo last year! The curious can find it on Steam, with others to follow shortly.
Here's the overview of the fixes, changes, and additions this week;
- Initial version of new tutorial, based on player feedback.
- Split tutorial into several tutorials (2 available, the rest under construction)
- Fixed CTD with Air Bases
- Fixed discovered end turn CTD
- Fixed discovered audio CTD
- Fixed free unit spawning in Placement phase during skirmishes
- Fixed friend list update after accepting request
- Fixed victory point capture events
- Fixed windowed mode not fitting in smaller screen resolutions
Changes & Additions:
- Allow players to auto-assign defensive support
- Only allow 1 readiness level to be repaired per unit per turn
- Show faction avatars in skirmish select
- Added "Forfeit" button to the in game pause menu
- Allow attacking for 1 turn without supply, but only at half strength
- Show briefing dialog to player when they join a multiplayer game
- Tuned issues in various battles
- We made an updated demo (live by 02/24/14)