In today's patch, we’ve completely revamped our leveling system by combining all faction levels into a single player level. We’ve also added a Hero leveling system which allows you to level up each Hero individually.
We’ve also introduced a Daily Play reward which grants you a reward as soon as you take an EM turn or complete a QM game. There is a unique reward each day and after 7 days you will unlock a double gold that multiplies the amount of gold you earn in-game.
- New Leveling System
- Player Levels have been consolidated to a single level rather than by faction.
- There are rewards for each level gained. These can be viewed on both the profile page and on the Games page along the bottom of the screen
- EXP is no longer considered a drop. You still gain EXP for every turn and every game.
- Daily Play Reward System
- You now get a reward for the first time you take a daily play action action.
- This includes: taking an extended match turn, completing a Quick Match game, and completing a bot game
- The reward for the 7th day is a 2x gold bonus for 4 days. After that runs out, the rewards will repeat
- Interface Improvements
- Mouse cursor now shows which tile is being hovered.
- Added icons to indicate which units can still attack and move. You can turn off this feature by visiting the settings menu or hitting the ‘i’ key in-game.
- Attack Tiles are more visible and have animated rollover.
- Add mouse click instructions to arrows in tutorials.
- Enabled ability to retry turn in bot games.
- Added a news section on the Main Menu.
- You should no longer get consecutive matches with the same opponent in the matchmaker even if you both hit the max time in queue.
- Added a confirmation modal to any crystal/gold purchases in the store.
- Expansion Totem recipes are now available to craft.
- Added more audio for Heroes (Greeting and Death).
- Player 1 now gets 6 cards again. However, Player 1 now has 1 of their mines set to a dirt pile on each map.
- Each map now only has 1 shrine. Shrine abilities and effects are now doubled to compensate (4 minerals generated, etc)
- Mana Leak now costs 6 and drains 5 resources from enemy bank
- Krak’s epic now also cleanses all treefolk you control.
- Fixed an issue with the matchmaking queue that prevented players from sometimes being able to queue up to the maximum number of games. You should now be able to get 50 games at all times (if you are level 10 or above).
- Fixed issue where buttons in the Combat Log could block the hand user interface.
- Archivist no longer gains buff when opponent draws a card.
- Death Payment now correctly gives 2 gems if one of your units dies due to counter on your turn.
- Breaking a mine now removes Fertilize.
- Lava Pits now damage soldiers in them every round and not just on entering and exiting.
- Fixed deployment issue when matched in a QuickMatch while trying to deploy a unit.
- Fixed bug where Angel Wings could put the card in the graveyard AND in play.
- Fixed issue where a double attack would trigger both attacks before Rampage could buff from the first attack.
- Stealth from Shadow amulet now properly resets on retry.
- Death Sentence effect is now properly removed if you retry a turn after using LastStand.
- Infused corpse no longer triggers when an upgrade mine is broken to a normal mine.
- Poison Shield will now properly show in-game on units who have that ability.
Note: Purchasing Gold with Crystals has been temporarily disabled in the store but will be re-enabled in a future patch.